𝟢𝟢𝟥. 𝗶𝗼𝗰𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗺

Start from the beginning

"Master Theo is rude. Winnie spent hours on that dress, she did," the little elf scolded as her large, expressive blue eyes narrowed at Theo with as much menace as a house-elf could muster. Which, in Winnie's case, was a lot more than one would expect.

"He will apologise to the Young Miss, yes he will," Winnie ordered as she used the kitchen towel in her hand to hit Theo's leg. Asteria smirked as Theo flinched - the scene even managing to bring a small chuckle from the previously moody Draco.

Theo moved his chair away from the spry elf as she continued to hit him, refusing to let up until he did as she said. "Ow! Winnie, stop! I'm sorry, Circe," Theo relented, holding his hands up in defence as Winnie smiled and began to clean the kitchen as though she hadn't just assaulted her Master.

Whilst house elves had strict internal rules they lived by - the complete obedience and servitude of their Mistress or Master being a vital one, Winnie had always been considered more like family to the Nott siblings than help.

She was, in basic terms, the only mother (or rather, parent) they had ever known. She cooked for them, helped them dress and bathe when they were younger, talked them through their nightmares - and, Merlin, did she scold them.

Circe smirked smugly at her uncle from across the kitchen; her expression eerily reminiscent of Hestia's. Theo stuck his tongue out at her in response - being careful to make sure Winnie's back was turned before he did so. Salazar knows he didn't need to be attacked by another kitchen towel.

"Winnie, you need to stop spoiling her," Asteria spoke firmly, as though she was scolding the elf, though Winnie took no offence. Instead, the little elf rolled her big blue eyes; mimicking Asteria's expression perfectly, even going as far as to put her hands on her small waist - "Winnie does not spoil. She loves and treats."

Asteria smirked, raising a challenging brow at the elf, "that's the same thing."

"Winnie does as she wishes," Winnie shrugged, brushing Asteria off with little care. Theo snorted from across the table as he reached for his packet of Muggle cigarettes - a filthy habit he had picked up months after the War had ended, "don't we know it."

Upon hearing his mumbling, Winnie turned to face Theo with large, expressive eyes of sorrow and fear. "Does Master Theo no longer want Winnie's help?" Noticing his mistake, Theo's eyes widened considerably as he shook his head frantically, "no, Winnie. That isn't what-"

"Master Theo makes Winnie sad! Oh, poor Winnie!" the elf burst into tears, sobbing heavily as she braced her small frame against the wall. Theo stared horrified by the scene he'd created as Asteria sat back against her seat with a smirk; all too familiar with the tricks Winnie loved to pull.

"Winnie, please don't cry. You're being dramatic-"

"Oh, Master Theo hurts Winnie's feelings. He does not care about Winnie, he wishes to make her sad, he does." Theo shook his head; his expression one of pure guilt as he looked at the sobbing house elf. "All Winnie ever wanted was to take care of her family."

"Winnie, please, stop crying. I'm sorry. You take great care of us!" Theo spoke hurriedly, looking extremely apologetic; reminding Asteria of the young boy he had once been. "We wouldn't be here without you."

"Winnie knows it," the elf answered easily, immediately halting her cries as she stood straight - dusting her hands on her clean tea towel robe, looking incredibly proud of herself. Theo fell back into his chair, utterly gobsmacked by the entire scene as Winnie resumed her cleaning.

Draco snorted in amusement, raising a brow at Theo from across the table. "You just got emotionally manipulated by a house-elf, Nott. No wonder Pansy's growing bored of you." Theo narrowed his eyes, pulling out a cigarette from the packet before rolling it against his bottom lip.