ten ⊹₊ ⋆‬

chapter ten

< eunsang >

For the first time in my life, I was brought to the faculty room not because they would praise me for their grades, but unfortunately, because I got myself in trouble.

"So there has been a report that one of you, boys, helped a girl with her math quiz yesterday. A student told me that she was taking her quiz alone as punishment for sleeping in class, but a boy in a higher batch than hers came in the classroom and helped her." The male teacher told us.

I gulped. I started to sweat as I think about what I did yesterday. I honestly had no idea that it was a quiz, I thought it was just some kind of homework she wanted to do in advance. I looked at Minhee, Junho, and Hyeongjun who are with me.

"Sir, it was definitely not me. After class, I got straight out of he school to eat. I even called Eunsang to pay for me and we met Junho there. And Hyeongjun said he was helping a friend out."

The teacher nodded at him.

My parents would flip if ever they knew I did something that caused me trouble. They would be so disappointed finding out their straight-A son did something like this.

"There is no way one of us would do that." Minhee spoke again.

Eunsang, just do the right thing. Apologize. Your parents would be mad at you but at least you were honest.

"The student who was taking the quiz will take her punishment after class. Gosh, that girl is such a troublemaker. She'll be in charge of the books in the library."

The library? That's a large place and the taking care of the books there are too much work.

"And as punsihment, one of you will join her because unfortunately, you gave her the answers to the quiz."

I was about to stand up and take responsibility for what I did but I was cut off by the name the teacher mentioned.

"Hyeongjun."

What?

"I am higlhly disappointed. I know everyone portrayed you as a good and helpful boy, but I guess your helpfulness went out of hand. I hope this doesn't happen again."

At this point I was already standing up. Hyeongjun stood up from his seat as well and bowed down.

"I'm sorry, sir. I'll make sure it won't happen again."

The teacher smiled at turned to me.

"Problem, mr. Lee?"

I shook my head and sat down again.

As we were walking on the hallway some of the students were looking at us, they probably heard about it already.

"Hyeongjun, why'd you do that?" Minhee asked.

"I'm sorry for ruining the image guys, but I really didn't know it was a quiz. She looked like she was really having a hard time and I couldn't help it." He said sadly.

"Don't be sorry. Being helpful isn't something to be sorry for." I said and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh right, I'll go to the science lab now. I forgot my labgown there. Junho can you come with me?" Minhee grabbed Junho and started walking faster. Junho just sighed at him.