𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

Start from the beginning

"Look Hope, I guess I owe you an apology, I've been a real bitch to you when you didn't deserve it and I'm so sorry." Hope kept her eyes down as Lizzie continued to say. "It's just that I'm really protective over my mom and reading what your dad di~"

"Reading?" Hope interrupted with a confused look on her face. Josie and Lizzie smiled, hearing her speak for the first time since they came into her room. "Yeah, my mom's diary. It's how we found out about the whole thing in the first place."

Hope hesitated for a few seconds before asking. "Can I read it?"

The twins looked at each other with uncertainty, the diary was pretty private to her mom and the things she said about Klaus, not that they cared about him, but they didn't want her to hurt more. "Are you sure, Hope?"

When she nodded, the twins looked at each other before Josie placed her hand on Hope's shoulder, siphoning some magic then muttering a spell that made a lilac coloured diary materialise out of thin air.

Lizzie grabbed the book and turned to delicately place it in front of Hope before the twins shifted so that they could sit on either side of her. Taking a deep breath, Hope opened the first page, it started when her dad and Charlotte were still together, how she was worried about a recently emotionless Elena Gilbert, how they were trying to locate Katherine Pierce, how Charlotte saved Hayley's life and then the worst bit. How her dad admitted to cheating on her and the weeks that came after.

When she hit the halfway page where weeks had passed of Charlotte not writing anything and then suddenly she was being tortured by Silas, slamming the book shut, Hope quickly wiped the tears that dropped onto her lap before cradling her head so that the girls wouldn't see the tears.

The teary-eyed twins looked at each other over Hope's hunched body and nodded before making a Saltzman sandwich, with the Mikaelson in the middle. "I'm so sorry guys." Hope muffled, immediately the twins shook their heads, Lizzie finally understanding why her mother and sister kept saying Hope was not in the fault.

"No, I'm so sorry for blaming something that was out of your control, I should've never of blamed you in the first place." Lizzie mumbled into her shoulder. "And I'm sorry for not saying anything." Josie laid her head in the other side of Hope's shoulder.

It took a few minutes and a couple of bad jokes for the three girls to calm down. With smiles on their faces and tears dried under their eyes, they looked insane but one look at each other caused them to break out in giggles.

Lizzie looked at Hope and smiled, already feeling better about the fact she had her friend back, when the tribid felt the gaze of her blonde friend, she turned her head to face her. "Hope, again I'm so sor-"

"Lizzie Jenna Saltzman, if you say sorry one more time, I'll literally lose my mind." Lizzie looked down, only smiling when she felt Josie grab her hand. "How about this; be dead truthful about something, because I want to really know this."

"How do you feel about this whole thing?" Hope asked the twins with hesitation, when she saw the look of confusion in their eyes, she explained. "I mean about us, when you two found out about this how thing, you must've hated me but where do we stand now?"

"Hope, you're our friend, you're our best friend ~ which is weird because people try their hardest to be our friend but somehow we just clicked." Josie said with a reassuring hug.