𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

As afternoon approached the day, Lizzie and Josie had gone to apologise to the tribid, they ended up talking for about an hour, about what? Charlotte has no idea but she was about to find out.

The headteacher gently knocked against the oak door and waited for a response, when the door opened, she moved a little back to face the emotional auburn haired girl.

Hope was still in her bathrobe, when she saw who knocked, she hid herself with the door, still avoiding eye contact making Charlotte internally sighed, it was going to be able for their relationship to go back to normal.

"Hey." She softly said with a smile, the girl responded with a quiet hello back. "I was wondering if I could come in but if you're not dressed yet, I can come back lat-"

Hope shook her head and opened the door more. "No, it's okay."

Charlotte nodded and walked in, awkwardly looking around as if she hasn't seen the place a million times and Hope walked to the vanity desk, standing there awkwardly, using her fingers to brushed out the wet knots in her hair. The mother, slightly flinching at the harshness of the teen's actions, walked besides her and opened one of the drawers to take out a brand new hairbrush.

She nodded for Hope to take a sit on the chair and she started to gently brush the knots out. "So, I figured we should talk, I know what happened in the past twenty four hours must've been confusing and you might have some questions ~"

"Why did you allow me to enroll in the school?! How can you even stand being near me?!" The tribid suddenly asked a little louder than expected making Charlotte pause from brushing her hair.

Hope couldn't wait any longer in asking, especially reading first hand how the blonde felt after her fathers betrayal.

The vampire raised her eyebrows and continued to brush the auburn hair. "Okay, firstly, I opened this school for my daughters and other supernaturals alike, for those who didn't have the resources or the right environment to flourish in, who am I to turn away from children who need the help that we can provide for them."

Hope looked down in shame, she hoped (pun intended) that she didn't offend the woman anymore.

"Honey, I "allowed" you to enrol into the school because you are just a seventeen years old girl, who had been shielded her entire life and didn't get to live it. Rebekah told me how you were homeschooled this whole time, how your family is crazy overprotective and the only person close to your age was Davina meaning you probably didn't get to do what normal teenage girls got to do." Charlotte quoted, putting the brush down and grabbing two hair bands before parting her hair in two.

"As for how I can stand being near you, that's easy; because you've done nothing to me." The blonde concentrated on braiding the one side, not even realising the look that the tribid was giving her, it was a mixture of disbelief, admiration and respect. "How?" She whispered. "How can you be so nice to me and my parents, Miss Forbes?"