BEATEN UP

Veronica's POV
I had arrived at Kevin's house 20 minutes ago. I told him everything, that happened and how I left my supposed family with their mouths dropped. He said, that he had no problem, if I stayed with him for a while. I was so lucky.

We slept at the same bed and all I could dream about, was my father and Hermosa killing me. I woke up a few times and Kev brought me two or three glasses of water. I thanked him and went back to sleep.

●●●

[At eleven o'clock]

My phone started ringing like crazy. It was Jughead. Why would he call me this time? I answered the phonecall.

"Jughead? Do you know what time is it?"

"Yes, Veronica, I need your help. P-Please. I-I can't breathe."

He sounded really helpless. Like he had been crying for hours.

"Jug? What happened to you?"

"I need you. Please, come over."

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

I was so freaking worried. What happened to Jug? I was sweating from the anxiety.

"V, who was it?" asked Kevin, whose eyes were barely open.

"Jughead. He needs my help! I gotta go."

"Woah, woah, wait a minute! I'll drive you there, it's almost midnight."

"Okay, thanks, Kev. But we've gotta hurry."

We dressed up and he drove me to the Dilton's bunker. He wanted to help, but I sent him home, because if his father found out he wasn't there, God knows what would happen.

I got in the bunker and saw Jughead, who was sittinh down at the floor,  with blood all over his body and face. He had cuts and bruises eveywhere. I ran up to him and he hugged me.

"What happened to you?!"

"V-Veronica...Your father, his gang, they a-attacked me and n-now.."

"Oh my gosh, Jug! I'm gonna kill him."

I took my shirt off and wipped the blood. I also had to do some stitches, because he had big wounds on his forhead. I placed plenty of bandages on his chest and hand and he was kinda better.

"T-Thank you, Veronica."

I smiled at him and took a shirt off his closet.

"Mind if I wear this?"

"No, take it."

I wore it and he tried to stand up, but he couldn't, because of the pain and I took his hand, wrapped his arm around my neck and we walked together till the bed, where we sat down.

"What happened?"

"I was typing at my laptop, when I heard some footsteps and they were Hiram's gang. They literally threw me to the ground and I tried to stop them, but they were a lot. They beat me up to death. And I saw him standing behind them, Hiram. And then, he left and I called you with all the power I had."

I knew why he did it. To take revenge. Because later, I told him, that I was his best friend, I joined the Serpents.

I buried my head to my knees and sobbed.

"It is all my fault!"

His hand was placed on my back, gently caressing it.

"How is this your fault?"