|| six ||

After they had finished eating, the trio made their way downstairs back into the gaming area. It didn't take long for (name) to spot the Dance Dance Revolution machine, her eyes widening as she spotted it. "Oh boy, that's no ordinary D.D.R machine," she said excitedly, rushing over to the game, "this is a copy of Dance Dance Revolution: Extreme! I love this version so much!" She scurried over to the machine, hanging her trench coat on the support bar and grabbing the coins she needed, quickly inserting the required amount needed to play. She stood in the middle of the arrows, leaning forward slightly to select the song.

"What in the bloody hell—" she threw her head back, looking at Randy in confusion, "—these high scores are all crap! Doesn't anyone here know how to play this properly?"

Randy feigned a hurt look, then gave her a confident one. "Do you really think you could do better?" She laughed, throwing her head back as she did. "Randy, I don't think so. I know so." She chose the song with the highest score—which was not surprisingly Max 300, one of the easiest songs on the machine—and gave the boys one last look; a mischievous glint in her eyes as she shot them a smirk. With her attention back on the screen, she watched as the countdown finished.

The arrows on the screen began moving upwards, a pace that would throw anyone else off, but not (name). Her steps were quick, movements fluid, arms moving too as if she were really dancing and not just stomping her feet to a rhythm game. Howard's eyes went wide, and Randy's jaw went slack. Never before had they seen anyone move so skilfully on the machine before. Randy was sure even as the Ninja, he'd never be able to hit those perfect steps every single time.

Neither knew what was more impressive; the fact she wasn't using the support bar as she played, or the fact she was dancing as she played. She moved with such grace and fluidity, despite the repetitive movements that would have made anyone else rigid and stiff. On top of all that, each arrow that went up on the screen hit the 'Perfect!' mark, the screen lighting up with a combo meter that just continued to grow higher and higher. (Name) continued her little dance, doing half spins and jumps at certain points, not even paying attention to the screen at certain moments of the song. She knew this song so well, that she was convinced she could do it in her sleep.

But as fast as the song was, it soon came to an end. With a perfect combo and a perfect score, she grinned, breathing heavily as she leaned on the support bar to steady herself as she caught her breath. There was soon the sound of cheering, which caught her attention. She looked up, seeing a small crowd of people who had come to observe a new player try out the D.D.R machine. She didn't need to glance up at the machine, to see that she had gotten a Triple-A score, or maxed out the high score on that song.

She smiled slightly, giving an awkward wave to her small crowd. Her face was flushed deep, and she was still trying to catch her breath, even as she gave the most awkward yet modest smile whilst Greg of Greg's Game Hole himself (who happened to be the nice man behind the counter at the snack bar) snapped a photo of her, before putting it up on the 'Wall of Fame', which predominantly had photos of Randy making funny faces plastered all over it.

"That was amazing!" Randy exclaimed, as (name) stared at her tired, flustered face in the photo Greg had just taken. "Yeah, Russey," Howard chimed in, an impressed look on his face, "where did you learn to...to do all that?" (Name) gave a sheepish grin, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. "There was one near my home that recently got taken away when the arcade closed a month ago. My older brothers' and I would play it all the time growing up, and I learnt to get really competitive with the songs." She pulled her trench coat back on, gesturing for the boys to follow her as she scoped out the rest of the arcade.

"It was the first song I learnt to play, and my brothers' dared me to actually dance as I played it, too. So, that's how I pulled it off. Years of practice." Her eyes fell on the karaoke machine, which looked much more like a photo booth, and headed toward it, Randy and Howard in tow. "That doesn't mean it's not cool, though," Randy admitted, realising that they were headed to the karaoke machine they had broken a month and a half ago. "Agreed," Howard added, taking his phone out of his pocket and scrolling through it.