TWENTY; GRINDELWALD'S FIRE

ابدأ من البداية

Tyne didn't have much to say to him at the time, only motioning for him to follow her as they listening to Grindelwald's speech.

"Do nothing when I speak of this. You must remain calm and contain your emotions," Grindelwald's voice shifted. "There are Aurors here among us."

Immediately, Tyne and Garrick froze in place, even if they weren't Aurors, the plan had been discovered too quickly for their liking. Heads turned, followed by the sounds of gasps, hissing, and angry shouts. Sinking into the nearest seats, Tyne and Garrick attempted to blend in so they didn't bring attention to themselves.

"Come closer, brother wizards! Join us," Grindelwald called to them. Tyne turned her head and spotted Theseus, standing there looking all too disappointed that it had turned on them so fast.

"They have killed many of my followers, " Grindelwald continued, " it is true. They caught and tortured me in New York. They had struck down their fellow witches and wizards for the simple crime of seeking truth, for wanting freedom..."

"Oh no," Tyne whispered, " this isn't good. This isn't going to end well.."

"Your anger...your desire for revenge...is natural."

Just as she went to grab Garrick's arm and lead him through the crowd once more, an Auror opened fire on a witch in the audience, killing her instantly. Screams filled the theatre, the majority of them calling for the heads of the Auror. Tyne watched as Grindelwald entered the crowd and approached the dead witch's body.

She continued to scan the area until she spotted Credence, sitting with Nagini. "There they are, let's go!"

Climbing down the seats, using the chaos as a disguise to their movements, Tyne managed to make her way to where Credence and Nagini were. She reached out a hand and grabbed for the back of his shirt.

"Credence?"

Immediately, the two turned around spotting Tyne and the stranger at her side. Credence's alarmed expression softened and Nagini looked relieved to see that it was Tyne of all people.

"Tyne," the young man said with a faint smile, " you're here! You made it here too. How did manage to escape? You know what, it doesn't matter, you're here!"

"Yes, I came to talk to you, Credence," Tyne told him, " listen to me, we need to get out of here. It's not safe."

Clearly, it wasn't safe with Aurors and Grindelwald's followers becoming more than hostile with each other. However, Credence didn't appear to sense the danger or if he did, he wasn't as against as Tyne would have hoped.

"No, Tyne, don't you understand, we all made it here for a reason," Credence told her, " you managed to escape, so did Nagini, and you're both here with me. It's meant to be. We've all lost something, I think...I think he can give it back to us."

Garrick didn't understand Credence's logic as he continued to glance around nervously, knowing they were running out of time.

"Aurors, join me in this circle!" Grindelwald's voice bellowed out. "Pledge to me your eternal allegiance, or die. Only here shall you know freedom, only here shall you know yourself."

Blue flames erupted as a wall surrounded Grindelwald within seconds.

"Credence, listen to yourself," Tyne said urgently as she tore her gaze away from the flames, " Grindelwald cannot bring back what was taken from us. I've lost my mother and so much, he can't give that back to us. He can't give back those years to Nagini. What is he going to give you? He's no different than Circus Arcanus. Either you follow what he says or you die!"