TWENTY; GRINDELWALD'S FIRE

THESEUS DID NOT WANT TYNE TO JOIN HIM, he didn't even want Garrick to be there

THESEUS DID NOT WANT TYNE TO JOIN HIM, he didn't even want Garrick to be there. Any confrontation with Grindelwald was one that was not going to end well. He appreciated her offer to stand by his side and help him, but he thought it was going to be too dangerous. During her time as a captive, Tyne wasn't using magic on a regular basis. She was out of practice and she couldn't even apparate if things went horribly wrong. But she insisted on going, she wanted to talk to Credence. Feeling as though he had no choice anymore, Theseus obliged, but he asked Garrick to get Tyne to safety if it all went to hell.

They were finally given a tip of where the location was as they travelled through the Père Lachaise Cemetery. Their faint shadows silhouetted among the mausoleums as Theseus led the way, keeping Tyne close to him.

"It isn't illegal to listen to him," Theseus reminded his fellow Aurors, " use minimum of force on the crowd. We mustn't be what he says we are."

As he faced his group to make sure that everyone understood, Theseus could read the fear clearly planted on the faces of several of them. Some looked ready and willing to fight, but others feared what awaited them as soon as they entered the underground amphitheatre.

Upon entering, Tyne was already moving to go and search for Credence, but Theseus grabbed her hand, bringing her back to him. There were so many things that he wanted to say to her, but now that he had a limited opportunity, he couldn't think of anything to say. The potential of something going wrong was at an all-time high and there was a possibility that once they parted ways, they wouldn't be reunited. He didn't want to think of such scenarios, cursing his realistic mind.

"Theseus-"

"I love you, Tyne," he blurted out, " I always have and I always will."

He wanted to kiss her, he wanted to kiss her like he was going off to war and never coming home. But as he realised what he blurted out so freely into the open, he released her hand walked in the opposite direction not giving her the chance to respond. Nothing had changed from the time they were children, Tyne was still able to render Theseus' communication skills as completely useless and he didn't know how to handle his emotions, let alone show them properly.

As he walked away, he found himself turning around, ready to run back to her and actually kiss her, but she was already gone.

Tyne wanted nothing more to tell Theseus that she loved him too with all of her being. But she didn't get a chance to as he immediately walked away afterwards. She wanted to run after him, maybe even be so bold to grab him by the front of his shirt and kiss him, but she knew it wasn't the time. They weren't there for love confessions, but instead, they had a job to do. She had managed to convince Theseus to allow her to tag along with the purpose of finding Credence and speaking with him. Tyne needed to do that as soon as possible.

"Well, that's one way of telling someone you love them," Garrick said from behind her as they slowly made their way into the crowd of witches and wizards. "I wasn't expecting that!"