Pieces- True Colors 12

Start from the beginning

...end it all.

Selene had given birth in a patch of blackberries and alone,she originally was happy to see her daughter,soft cotton candy hair in tight short curls,her skin dark like her mother's but her eyes,despite their unique large yet cat shape,were purple

...like Lord Vol.

Selene couldn't love her child,she even gave her her mother's name, Yomeja,yet as she stared at her palm,her black moon and three stars she decided it was time to pass on her powers and leave her hell on earth. In the secret of night at the witching hour she called forth all her powers placing it inside her daughter. She branded the palm of her three yearolds hand,hating to hear her scream but knowing she could bare the burden of being the new moon goddess.

Selene took her daughter to where she lived...where her daughter was made,finding the white rose bush with purple branches. Creating a purple staff with the mark of the moon goddess. Selene taught her daughter to fight showing her how to transform from human to her true form,how to channel her power in the staff and more. Selene wouldn't leave her daughter completely defenseless.

Selene passed the next year, leaving her daughter heartbroken,who found her mother dead. Body cold as ice,yet her face held bliss. Lord Vol was furious yet he had something else that was beautiful and her name was Yomeja. He began to see her as more than a daughter and when she realized that she left,making sure they  couldn't find her she went to Earth.

An orphanage took Yomeja in,taught her English and raised her,since no one wanted the odd little girl. It broke her heart,just like her mother,no one came for her so she suffered life alone,hating her soulmark everyday because to her they were like her mother's soulmate

...they were too disgusted to want her. Yomeja's life was hard and she was alone,but she learned how to fight and mastered her powers,making sure to be the best moon goddess she could be.

***
Yomeja finished her story,leaving out how her mother was a goddess,her powers and that her father was a Titan,just like Thanos was. Only speaking on what occurred and her running away. The room was silent as Peter hugged her first,he didn't have his parents anymore but they loved him,he had Aunt May who loved him deeply as did his mates. Tony's thoughts were the same,he had love but Yomeja's story seemed to have no joy,no tales of friends or riding a bike,just pain,he hugged her next,as the others joined in rocking the girl softly. She wasn't crying,yet they could all tell how sad she was.

"I never knew it was a brand," Bruce stated looking at the mark. Yomeja held up her hand to the team,palm facing them.

"Eh it's at least cool," she joked. Yomeja laughed at the thought now, understanding her mother was protecting her,preparing her for real life, really young. The burning and smelling of her flesh was burned into her mind, she screamed so loud back then yet now it was just a scar to add to her many others.

"Yomeja I'm so sorry," Natasha mumbled trying not to cry.

"What about your dad?," Steve asked,"did you ever see him again?"

"Now he...he wanted to groom...me," Yomeja told them, "he liked beautiful things," she said remembering how she was washing her wings on her waist and he'd watch her hungrily,"he found me except I got the police involved and it stopped there," she lied,he hunted her down to be with her,it was disgusting.

Except the next beautiful thing he touched was stronger like how her mother wanted to be,she decapited him and offered it up in honor of her mother. Yomeja was wondering why she was being so honest and open, leaving out the fact she wasn't human and a bit more, she was surprised by her actions.

"So you were homeless in an unknown place," Tony stated trying not to cry, her mother hated her and her father an incestuous bastard.

"I never got adopted it wasn't heaven in that place but it was better than what I called home," she chuckled dryly Yomeja didn't know why she was being honest with them,maybe it steamed from her fear of Annalise taking them away from her.

"Yomeja I'm so sorry for you," Pietro said looking at her as she looked at him weird,he held her hand.

"Yomeja we're your family now," Bruce comforted her.

"I'm glad you are," she said smiling at them.

"Do you hate her?," Thor asked as she shook her head no.

" I love my mother, I forgive her because she was broken," Yomeja  stated, "somedays I understand her actions."

"You suffered so much," Peter stated holding her.

"I did but years ago I healed, I'm ok," she stated smiling brightly as she held herself,"I haven't told my story in years," she felt happy and brave not depressed or fealful.

"I'm glad you finally told us that," Clint said as they all hugged Yomeja. Yomeja was happy, things felt normal and better this way. Her fingers were intertwined with Wanda's who kissed her knuckles softly.  They had decided to tell her the full story of Annalise and Wanda was scared to, but her mates encouraged her. Looking at them nervously they silently supported her as she sighed.

"Yomeja I was pregnant," Wanda told her deciding to be honest with Yomeja as well. Yomeja looked at her then the team members confused by her statement.

"But...where is the baby?," Yomeja asked confused, " I never saw you pregnant."

"It was five years ago...that's how I met Annalise she...comforted me and tricked us into thinking she was our mate," Wanda explained the secret they had hidden from her for so long,"remember the money that was being used to buy illegal things,when you said the soul mark was a fake," she told Yomeja who realized why what Tony said the other night was so familiar,those were her words to him. Yomeja's face was expressionless as she stood getting out of the team's hold she smiled brightly.

"I have to potty," she stated walking out of the room hurriedly.

"Friday where is Annalise?," she asked rushing to put on black jeans and a Aerosmith shirt with combat boots.

"Annalise is on the team's main floor," Friday told her,"shall I alert her of your presence?," Friday asked.

"No," Yomeja told her stepping on the elevator, "she'll know its me."

🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵🖤🥵

Vote,comment,share and happy reading.