Training Begins

Beginne am Anfang

Izumi then saw her house at a distance.

Izumi: We are here!

Izumi then landed him at the beginning of the road to hee home.

Izumi: This is going to be your first trial.

Shihiro: Huh?

Izumi: You are going to have to reach my house all on your own.

Shihiro: Oh, okay.

Izumi: Be careful now!

Izumi then flew into her house.

Shihiro stared at her and then at the road.

Shihiro: Going up, huh? I doubt it will be as easy as to just go up there, there must be a catch...

Shihiro started walking when he suddenly felt he pressed a string in the ground.

A boxing gauntlet came from the forest and smacked him in the face.

Shihiro: And there it is... Traps huh? They must be activated by some sort of string mechanism on the ground though probably there are also buttons... Better watch my step!

Shihiro started to walk on the tip of his toes and being really careful to identify booby traps on the road.

As he made his way up the road, he then stepped on another trap.

Shihiro: Crap!

He then was barely able to dodge a log that swung in front of him.

Shihiro: That was too close!

Suddenly the log came swinging back at him, and this time it hit him.

Shihiro: Should have seen that coming...

Shihiro still stood up and continued to make his way through the road while trying to avoid the traps set in place. Yet, while he avoided some, he still activated some, and from those, he was able to dodge some. Shihiro though struggling with the pain he continued to make his way.

From a balcony in the house, Izumi and Shoto observed as Shihiro advanced.

Izumi: So, what is your opinion.

Shoto: He sure is agile, he has no formal training, yet is still able to avoid most of the traps and to dodge some of the ones he activated. He also seems intelligent he noticed the traps almost right away.

Izumi: Yeah, I noticed it too.

Shoto: He has potential, but will he be able to bring it to its fullest?

Izumi: Only time will tell, but I have faith in the boy.

Shoto: If you do, then so do I.

Back on the road, Shihiro stared at the part that had been completely filled with strings.

Shihiro: You have to be kidding me!

Shihiro analyzed the situation.

Shihiro: Going through there is impossible, but that is not the only way is it?

He then looked up to see the branches of the trees which in this part had formed a pattern that would allow him to swing through them.

Shihiro quickly climbed up the tree and grabbed into the branch, he swang himself into the other branch, and he repeated the process until he reached the other side. Although he made it, his arms felt sore from all the strength he used, he even almost fell once, but his determination kept him going.