Story 18 : Stares

Start from the beginning

But as a doctor, she wouldn't be surprised. Because first of all, no one is going to believe that a poor girl got some skills in medicine.

But she proves it to the others because of her wisdom. But that's not enough, because it was still unacceptable for a girl to have such talent.

But Yashiro didn't care, she wants to save lives and try to live with fair treatment in the society that can't be approved by the many people.

"You can insult me whatever you want. But my job is to cure people. Because they deserve to live."

"Picking some strangers on the street... You'll be killed in no time if you helped a psychopath. You're too kind and people will take advantage about it. Are you still willing to cure a sinner?" Tsukasa asked.

"Every people deserve to live. If they're a sinner they deserve to change and learn how to forget the past and mind the future. Plus, I don't care if I'm curing a bad or a good person. Even if they're evil... They're still humans." Yashiro snatched the mask that makes Tsukasa move his hands to his face.

"Damn you! How rude to -"

"Let me treat you." She agressively pulled up his chin as he stared from Tsukasa's half burned face.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME!" he yelled but instead his attempt to push her away makes him stop.

Instead, he looked away. Waiting for Yashiro's insult on how ugly he is.

"Why... Why are you shutting those two eyes? I never sent insult. I'm the one who's receiving an insult.''

I'm the one who's receiving an insult.

The one who's recieving an insult.

Who's receiving an insult.

Recieving an insult.

An insult.

That made him looked at her as he stared at her serious face.

She seemed to be broken. But if she's acting like it's all normal... He'll admire the girl for being tough.

"Then fight back."

"Easy for you to say. I'm a girl and you're a guy. You think most of the people will side on me? Of course none of them. Because I have a low status and being framed by the noble. But my parents raised me well. My mission is to do the right thing. As long as I'm happy, I'm contented."

"Contented? Pft, HAHAHAHA!" Tsukasa laughed.

"Living in this lame house with that boy? You've got to be kidding me." He knows what girls wanted. A luxurious life and being married to a man full of money.

"I never consider the life as a joke. I'm serious about it, I wanted to be independent and free." Yashiro attempt to touched his face.

It was gentle and light. It's like he didn't even feel her being disgusted by his burnt skin.

While Yashiro was too focused on her work, Tsukasa can't help but to stare at her.