I Miss You

I woke up Friday in Mike's bed and Mike was on the floor. I felt bad but after fighting over not having the bed for a half an hour I gave up.

I looked over at the digital clock and saw I had another hour before it was time to get up. I rubbed my eyes and arched my back trying to stretch a little. I stood up and quietly tip toed out to the hall way being careful not to wake up Mike. I walked down the stairs and stopped when I was close to the bottom. I could see into the living room from the stairs and saw Vic watching T.V. I was just about to turn around and leave unnoticed but no. "I know your right there." Vic and I had direct eye contact and I continued to walk down the stairs. I got into the living room and sat as far away from Vic as possible but since he was sitting in the middle of a three seater couch, I wasn't very far. He was so calm and relaxed just laying there all sprawled out.

"So why are you up so early on this fine morning?" Vic spoke casually not bothering to look at me. His hair was in a cute little mess. "I usually wake up this early. You?"

He shrugged. "Same." He seemed bored. Last night was pretty uneventful. Me and Mike watched movies and then went to sleep. Vic Jaime and Tony hung out in the basement and I guess Jaime and Tony went home some time last night. Now here I am sitting on a couch with someone I try to avoid. I'm doing a great job at that. Not.

"Thanks for coming yesterday. To you know check on me." I tried clearing the awkward silence but for me it just became more awkward. "No problem. Hey do you need a ride home today?" Vic asked. Okay dont freak out and dont ask why he is being nice. "Well actually I'm coming here after school to help Mike with science. If I could ride here with you guys that would be great." I chuckled a little. "Yeah sure." He said casually.

"Hey can I show you something?" Vic asked. I tilted my head. "What is it?" He smiled. Like a noticeable non creepy smile. It was cute as fu-dge. Okay my brain really needs to stop. I mentally hit my brain. Vic stood up. "A surprise. Now come on." He started walking and I followed. Oh great. Surprises. Get out the flowers!

We were walking into the basement. Basement? A surprise in a basement definitely does not sound bad at all. Note my sarcasm.

He walked to the little closet on the side and took out a... Guitar?

"You play guitar?" I asked excitedly. "Mhm. You like guitar?" He mocked my sound. I answered though. "That depends. What are you playing?"

He smirked. "Another surprise." I crossed my arms and sat on the floor across from him. Normal people would sit on the couch that is a few feet away but nope not us. He finished tuning the guitar before playing awfully familiar notes. "I miss you, Blink 182!" I clapped happily.

Vic started singing. Vic started singing. Vic could sing! Woah. Oh thanks. Not only do you have to be attractive but you know how to play guitar and sing. Fuck you Vic.

(I miss you, I miss you)
Hello there, the angel from my nightmare
The shadow in the background of the morgue
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want
Where you can always find me
We'll have Halloween on Christmas
And in the night we'll wish this never ends
We'll wish this never ends

(I miss you, I miss you)

Where are you and I'm so sorry
I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight
I need somebody and always
This sick strange darkness
Comes creeping on so haunting every time
And as I stared I counted
Webs from all the spiders
Catching things and eating their insides
Like indecision to call you
and hear your voice of treason
Will you come home and stop this pain tonight
Stop this pain tonight