Taking a Chance

"Hayden Banks. Miss Banks, care to answer the question?"  Hayden just looked up. She didn't care that she was staring off into space, she was hurt and confused." A equals 12" she replied. " Oh, well let's keep our eyes focused on the book shall we Miss Banks?" " Yes Mrs. Woods." said Hayden. Then a crumpled up note appeared on her desk. There was only one person that would send this. Chris. The note read, meet me at the tree after class. The tree was where Chris and Hayden had first met. It was where he had asked her to be his girlfriend. At the time she thought it was so romantic, but now it just seemed cheesy and a big lie. After class she met Chris at "the tree." "What do you want Chris, I already told you we were through?" "Hayden please, please just listen. I never meant to hurt you, I could never do that to you. I just felt bad for Anna and nothing was going to happen between us because I care about you." "How did Charlotte get the picture?" Hayden asked crossing her arms. " She walked in right when, you know, we kissed." Chris replied looking honestly sorry and guilty. " Look right now, I just need some time to think things through, ok?" Hayden replied. "Ok" Chris responded looking a little relieved. He gave her a hesitant kiss on the cheek. then walked away. Hayden was left feeling little fireworks going off on her cheek. Whenever Chris kissed her she always felt this, even now. She smiled a little bit and glanced up to see Anna staring at her with jealousy in her eyes. What's her problem, Hayden thought, he's my boyfriend. Wait, did she just say that he was her boyfriend? Had she forgiven him so quickly?

Thanks for reading!! please comment, vote, become a fan!!!!!!!!