The Crest of Flames:

Depuis le début

Byleth knocked on the office door hoping that he wouldn't be there but Professor Hanneman quickly opened the door "Byleth! and Dimitri?" Hanneman said "Come on in'' he said while pushing them through the door. "So Byleth this is about your crest, I believe I've figured out which one it is''.

Hanneman beamed and Dimitri cut in "Should I go? Is this to personal?" He turned to Byleth and asked.

"It's alright, you can stay'' Byleth said and Dimitri nodded. 

Hanneman continued on "The reason why I couldn't figure it out sooner is because your crest is simply to big" he said while guiding her hand over the crest identifier "You Byleth carry the Crest of Flames" he stated proudly "This crest was thought to have died with Nemesis the King of Liberation, but it has been still with us" Hanneman said "This is why you are able to wield the Sword of the Creator" he added. 

Hanneman continued on for a few minutes giving Byleth background on her crest, "Sorry to interrupt" a voice boomed, Byleth turned and saw her Dad "But I need these two right now professor Hanneman" Jeralt said sternly "Yes of course, my apologies I kept them longer than intended" Hanneman said. Jeralt led Byleth and Dimitri into his office and then closed the door.

 "Alright kiddo what happened?" Jeralt said with a sigh. Byleth sat down on one of the chairs at the desk and Dimitri followed her lead. Byleth proceeded to tell them what had happened beginning with what had happened at the Holy Mausoleum. Once Byleth finished telling what had happened Jeralt asked "And Rhea just let you have it?" his eyebrows furrowed "That doesn't make sense" Jeralt said "Why would she do that" he added.

"That is a little odd" Dimitri added in.

"I agree" Byleth said.

The three of them sat there talking about it for a while before Jeralt said "Ok you two time to go it's getting late and i'm ready for bed" then he rushed them out of the room. As they left the room Dimitri's attention was caught by Claude who he saw walking past them.

"Ah - sorry Byleth I have to go, I need to discuss something with Claude" Dimitri said as he took off.

Byleth left from her Father's office and was wandering around the monastery, it seemed to Byleth news of her wielding the Sword of the Creator got out, along with the information of her newly identified crest. She sighed as she walked past people who just stared at her, they were unsure what to make of the news. Irritated Byleth made her way to the dock, there she saw Edelgard.

Byleth made her way to her "Ah, it's you. Out late again, I see. What brings you here?" Edelgard said once she saw Byleth.

"I could ask you the same'' Byleth rebutted.

"I just wanted some fresh air there is a lovely breeze tonight" Edelgard said "I always wander outside when sleep evades me" she added.

"I'm exhausted" Byleth said "Ah I won't keep you then" Edelgard said "i should get some sleep too... but" she added with a sigh "Have you ever felt a sort of longing for the outdoors?" Edelgard asked and then she began to go into what she had last told Byleth about. "None of my siblings had a chance to lead the sort of life they deserved. An ordinary life" Edelgard sighed "I remember" Byleth said. Edelgard told Byleth how they were imprisoned underground and beneath the palace "The objective was to endow our bodies with the power of a major crest" Edelgard shuddered, she began to tell her how she had already had a minor crest of Seiros but most of her siblings had no crests whatsoever, "In order to create a peerless emperor to rule Fodlan, they violated our bodies by cutting open our very flesh." She said with a shaky voice "Now here I stand, the fruit of that endeavor: Edelgard Von Hresvelg!" she shouted "But that came at too high a price... The others were sacrificed" Edelgard whispered "And there you have the truth of the Hresvelg's Empire" She said with spite.