Chapter 26 ~ Unspoken thing

Start from the beginning

Pietro goes back to kissing up and down my neck. "So?" He murmurs. "We'll just have to keep the noise down," I smirk.

"I think this is called distracted flying which is definitely against the law." I joke and he stops kissing my neck to laugh. "This is what? Our third date?" I continue to joke. "We can talk about this unspoken thing once this is all over and you take me on a real date." I turn my head to look at him and give him a smile.

"That I can do." He smiles and stares at me with those perfect ocean blue eyes of his.

We continue to look at each other in the comfortable silence until I clear my throat and look back to the sky. "You should rest," I say softly to him.

He shakes his head. "I'm staying up with you." He says and removes his hands from around my shoulders. I have to admit I do miss the warm feeling of his arms around me. Pietro goes to sit in the co-pilot seat.

I don't argue with him. I think it's sweet of him that he wants to stay up for my sake. We make small talk, talking about things we like and dislike, our favorite movies, hobbies, etc. Once we make it to the tower, it's nightfall like I predicted. I land the jet and Pietro and I go in the back to wake the other two up. The four of us make our way to the lab where we see Banner and Stark working on the cradle. Roy is just watching them confusedly.

"I'm gonna say this once," Dad says as we step into the lab.

"How about nonce?" Tony retorts.

"Shut it down!"

Pietro snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him. I look up at him and smile then look back at the situation in front of us.

"Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you two do? She's not in your heads?" Bruce says looking between me and Dad.

"Isn't he the one that gave you that concussion?" Roy asks as he looks at me and Pietro.

"Are you two a thing now?" Tony asks as he sees Pietro's arms around my waist.

Dad is too caught up in stopping those two that he doesn't see the position we're in.

"That thing you're creating is Ultron 2.0 and we cannot have a repeat of that," I say to them.

Wanda steps forward and tries to reason. "I know you're angry."

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Bruce threatens.

"Banner after everything that's happened..." Dad starts.

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony yells.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda yells back.

Pietro and I share a look, already tired of this conversation.

"This isn't a game..." Dad starts again.

"The creature..." Wanda starts but stops as Pietro and I speed around the lab destroying their lab equipment and unplugging the cradle.

"No, no. Go on." I say.

"You were saying?" Pietro adds. We look at each other and smile before looking back at Stark.

There's a gunshot. Time slows down around me and I see Pietro did the same. We both look at each other then at the bullet confusedly. That's when the glass floor we are standing on breaks and we fall down to the floor below.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" Clint smirks at Pietro as he steps on his leg to keep him pinned down.

I groan. "Thanks, Barton."