Chapter 1

It's 5am in the morning, I'm starting a new school today, West Prep Academy has been my dream school since I found out my friend Giovanny goes there. We've been friends for a very long time even though we live in the same state we go to two completely different schools, he goes to an Academy and I went to a public school. I met him at my dad wedding 4 years ago, we are practically family, I'm not very certain on who goes there exactly but the academy has a musical theater class and that is what I'm most excited for. I've been singing since I was in kindergarten, I've always loved it. I've been writing my own songs and making singing video covers for Instagram. Today my dreams will come true not only will I meet new people but I will technically be able to get into my dream college once I'm out of high school. It's only my junior year I have a lot to learn before I start thinking about my future and hopefully I meet someone who is into the same activities and music I am into as well.

As I'm packing my backpack getting ready for my first day, I hear a loud hunk outside my house.

As I'm done brushing my black shiny long hair I take a long look into the mirror and admire how beautiful I am inside and out, before I leave I grab one of my favorite books, the fault in our stars. I've read this book almost 50 times and I'm still not over it.

Once I make it downstairs I grab a bagel that's sitting on the table, I give my dad a kiss on cheek right before I leave out the door.

"You know, you should really eat something before you leave not just a piece of bread sweetheart." My father says worried.

"Dad I'll eat something when I get to school I promise, I got to go Giovanny is here." I kiss him on the cheek one more time before I head right out the door.

As soon as I make it outside I see my dearest friend Giovanny in his dark blue mustang waiting for me in the driveway.
"About fucking time, I've been waiting 20 minutes next time I swear it, I'll leave your ass." He says smiling.

"Leave me? Ha you'll never, you love me too much." I say as I kiss him on the cheek.

"You know me very well." He says as he starts speeding on the way to school.

I think it's so sexy when he starts speeding as soon as I get into the car with him. I don't really look at Giovanny like that but we joke a lot about dating when we get older or if we don't find a significant other we will be together. I wouldn't mind being with Giovanny he's one of best friends, but a relationship between us will ruin everything. I can't afford to lose him, including the fact that my family absolutely loves him.

As we start pulling up to the school everyone is fighting for a parking spot but we get lucky and cut our way into the parking spot stealing someone else's. We don't even mind the people beeping at us, as I get out of the car I grab Giovanny's arm and we start walking to the assembly together.

As we finally make it to the assembly Giovanny decided to sit next to his friends which were Brandon and Maria. As time passed during the assembly and after our long conversations together
I finally learn that Brandon and Maria are dating, they are the most goofiest and most funniest couple I've ever met. It's just the first day and I'm already feeling like it's going to be a wonderful year. Once the assembly ended, I finally went to all of my classes, they all went pretty fast. The best classes that I have so far are my choir and musical theater class. I have very talented people in my musical theater class, since I'm new they decided to put me in class 1 where all the beginners are suppose to start, I'm honestly not surprised at all but I just really can't wait to prove myself.

As school came to an end I met up with Giovanny, and that is when I first met Shawn, They Shawn Mendes I didn't want to freak out so I kept my cool he is my inspiration, the reason why I love music the way I do is because of him.

"Hey Shawn meet Jessica and Jessica meet Shawn" Giovanny says

As I go in for regular handshake Shawn completely disses me and gives Giovanny handshake and walks away.
I was in complete shock, I didn't understand what it could've been about me that Shawn didn't like.

After that situation happened I grabbed Giovanny's keys and went to his car and waited for him, as I look into the rear view mirror I see Giovanny coming with a group of girls I've never seen before, they were absolutely beautiful almost as beautiful as me.

"Hey can you scoot to the back please, do this for me." He whispers as soon as he gets to the car, I roll my eyes and throw my backpack in the back and I climb over his seat to get to the back.

As soon as I make it in the back a beautiful blonde girl with blue eyes sits in my spot, she waves at me and I wave back to be polite. I was already so annoyed by the situation that just happened before but I wasn't going to take it out on here.

"So what kind of music do you listen to." He asks the beautiful blonde girl.

"I will listen to anything you're willing to play but I come from a family that loves country music." She says.

"Country music it is, go ahead and take the aux baby!" He says as he hands her the wire.

As he starts driving I start to notice that he is basically taking me home. I didn't know that she was going to be changing my plans with Giovanny but she basically did.

This whole week Giovanny and I tried to make plans to go to the Chicken Shack but he chose to hangout with beautiful blonde girl instead. I just can't believe he didn't at least introduce me to her, Hell I don't even know the girls name.