4

NORMANI saw Dinah in the hallway of the hospital on the 11th floor, she bows her head so Dinah will not see her she doesn't know how to face her after what she'd done last night. She even saw her yawn secretly and almost bump at the foodcart nearby and she pitied her.

"DJ..."

"If only you agreed to meet her last night she will not be like that."

Normani widen her eyes when she looks back, "Sir Dr. Jauregui."

"She went home at 12 in the midnight, she only finished two sentences when I called her last night, getting some news if how it went between you two."

"H-How did you know that we're supposed to meet?"

"She told me that she will put her phone off and I did contact her again at midnight, she told me she will took early out, you didn't came, Nurse Normani it's not that I'm stepping in the line you and Dinah created but DJ is my bestfriend and you know that, she have personal reason why she didn't tell you about her departure, I hope you can forgive her."

"I'm just testing her if how long she can take it."

"After 5 mos. still no progress? If only you knew," and she left.

And Normani look down, she passed the limit.

"DINAH wake up! Your patients will get affected if you didn't pull yourself up," she said in gritted teeth while looking at her reflection in the mirror, she then wash her face to wake her up.

Then her phone rang, she dried her face and took her phone out in her coat, she saw in the screen that it was her mother so she immediately answer it, "mom what's up?" and her eyes widened when she heard it, "I'll be there," and she end the call and call Lauren to ask permission from her, she then go out in the bathroom, "Lauser hey, I have an emergency, can I go out for awhile?"

"Easy DJ, why what happened?"

"Mom just brought to the hospital, her co-worker just called, don't worry I tried to be back early," and she took off her coat.

"DJ listen okay, I'll make a call to that hospital and ask medical assistance, bring your mom here and I'll ready the room for tita."

"Thank you."

NORMANI heard the news and her eyes widen from the news, Dinah's mother was brought in the hospital and will transfer in JCI.

"DJ..," and she walk quickly to the receptionist, "Lucy I have a favour to ask."

"What is it?"

"Can you tell me what room number Mrs. Hansen confined?"

"Normani you asked a difficult favour, you know the protocol."

"Please Lucy..."

"I'm sorry Normani, I can't tell you, you can ask anything but not this I don't want to lose my job."

And Normani nod, she understand, "thank you..," and she sadly went to the CR to cry, she wanted to be at Dinah's side but she can't, she will just wait for her shift to end.

AFTER Normani's shift, she went to parking lot #56 and she saw Dinah's car. She then sat on its front hood and waited there for Dinah. She was not sure until when she can wait for her, but still, she was hoping that Dinah will come.

Hours passed and still no sign of Dinah.

"IS Dinah's mother is stable now?" Clara Jauregui asked to her daughter Lauren, owner of JCI.

"Yes mom, she's stable now but she's still under observation even until now."

"And what about Dinah?"

"She's not in herself to do the operation so I did it."

"I pitied Dinah, gave her a leave it's good for her to be with her mother so she can take care of her and ease her worry."

"I just did mom and it was effective tomorrow."

"Very good," and she raise her eyebrow, when she spotted an unfamiliar dark skinned woman in Dinah's car.

And Lauren notice it, "what is it mom, any problem?"

"There's a woman sitting of Dinah's front hood car."

"Really," and she take a look too and her mom was right, so she started to explain, "Normani Hamilton, she was our new nurse."

"Normani Hamilton, oh yes I heard that name, I heard a lot of good compliments about her from our patients, but what is she doing there?"

"She's waiting for Dinah, I think, actually mom she was Dinah's special someone."

"Really, wow, but she needs to be in Dinah's side right now, don't you think?"

"I'll explain further, for now they're having a misunderstanding, but don't worry they will be fine."

"Still, go tell her where she is right now, don't worry about me I will wait."

Lauren sighed and scratch the back of her head, "okay, I will not take long."

"Tell her, okay? Dinah was worried about her mom she might wait there until forever."

"I will," and she left.

NORMANI didn't notice the person approached her because of her worriness about Dinah and her mom. She jumped a little because she was surprised when she heard a raspy booming voice behind her.

"Normani."

"Lauren."

"Waiting for DJ?"

And Normani gave a nod but she was sad.

"You hear about her mother?"

"I did, I really wanted to go but I'm on duty, that's why I'm here hoping DJ would go here."

"You don't have to worry now, her mom is fine."

And Normani smiled, "I'm glad, what about DJ, is she okay?"

"Physically yes but emotionally, no."

"I see..."

After looking and searching in Normani's eyes she sighed, "go to her," and Normani gave her a questionable look, unsure of what she heard from Lauren, "they're in room 1508, 10th floor," and she was taken aback when Normani embrace her.

"Thank you Lauren, thank you, I owe you one," and she let go, "I will leave now," and she leave immediately with a smile on her face.

And Lauren sighed then went back to her mom who is waiting.

"I saw it," Clara greeted when her daughter was back.

"It's not what you think mom."

"I didn't say anything, but I know how soft you are when it comes to woman who is simple and good character."

And Lauren sighed, "yes she's beautiful, but she's not my type."

"Okay, but I'm just saying," and went in to the car.

And Lauren followed.

A/N: Haha, I'm solid Camren here and Norminah here.