Three

AliCat

Liked by 639 people

Liked by 639 people.
AliCat: In Boston for rehab, wishing I was in Florida kicking ass on the field with my girls. Good luck tonight ladies! #gotigers

Alison

"Hey Ali." Marty's voice floats through the bus.

"What?" I call, not wanting to stand until we are actually stopped at the hotel.

"Some of the crew and I are planning to go to dinner as a group tonight. Do you want to come with us?" He wanders back to the bunks, leaning against the ones across from mine as he finds me.

"Not really. I am planning to order room service and stream the game online. Maybe after I'm off the crutches I'll be more into going out and such. It's just too damn hard right now."

"Fair enough. Enjoy the game and your loneliness." He nods.

"I will. Don't worry about that." I smile.

"You know you should probably check your attitude, Alison. You're not going to make any friends here if you don't." He sighs, turning back towards the front of the bus.

"Thanks for the advice. Maybe stick to the physical therapy though." I call after him, annoyed that I know he's right. My attitude has definitely been pretty polar opposite to my usual bubbly and friendly self. The combination of being frustrated over my injury and annoyed that I have to live with Calum Hood for the next few months is more than enough to have pushed me into this funk.

By the time we finally pull into the back lot of the hotel in Boston I am more than ready to get off the bus, and trying very hard to remind myself to be nice and think positively about my situation.

"Alison, you lucky girl. You've got your own room again, seeing as we have no other female crew members to pair you with." Nate, the bands manager hands me a room key.

"Thanks." I nod, glancing at the number on the envelope before starting my way towards the propped open door. I stop just inside the doorway as my phone starts ringing, swiping to answer it through the airpod in my left ear.

"Gabby!" I smile as I answer.

"Ali! What's new, girl?" Her happy voice rings through my ear as I continue on my way to the elevator.

"Not much, how's Florida?"

"Muggy. Muggier than home for sure. And we wish you were here to help us win this game."

"Me too, Gabs, me too. I'm working on it though. Counting down the days until I get off these crutches and back to work for real."

"Are you going to watch the game tonight?"

"Of course. We just got to the hotel we are staying at, so I'm going to shower up, find some food, and stream the game when it comes on later. Gotta support my girls even from a thousand miles up the coast."