Unexpected Love (Fem Reader)

Start from the beginning

The entrance exam took place two months before U.A. started, so she ended up staying with him for two months. Turns out, Inko had gotten into contact with her grandfather, who had heard of the abuse and was trying to gain custody of (Y/N). Surprisingly, he finally won custody of her on their first day at U.A. High. Izuku and (Y/N) chatted quietly as they made their way into the class, quickly greeting Aizawa in the process. As soon as she walked in, she heard someone call out her name. She looked over to the source, realizing it was Uraraka, who was standing with the other girls. "Do you mind?" She asked, a sheepish smile on her face. Izuku just smiled and shook his head. "No, we'll talk at lunch. I'm going to go see Iida and Shoto." He declared, giving her a wave as she walked over to her friends. "Good morning!" She greeted, standing in between Uraraka and Momo. All the girls in Class 1-A considered (Y/N) to be a role model, considering how strong and fearless she was, despite being quirkless. "How are you, (Y/L/N)-chan?" Jiro asked, fiddling with one of her earphone jacks. "I'm pretty tired to be honest. I'm also nervous to get our grades back." She explained, getting nods of agreement. "Yeah same! I totally hope I passed!" Ashido cried, clinging onto the (H/C). "Relax, Mina! I'm sure you did great!" Hagakure comforted, making all the girls laugh. A silence fell over the girls before someone spoke up. "(Y/L/N)-chan? I had a question..." Uraraka mumbled, her normal pink cheeks flushing even brighter. "Oh? What's up, Ochako?" She asked, a gentle smile on her face. "A-Are you and D-Deku....dating?" She stuttered, not daring to meet the (H/C)'s gaze. "What? No! That's nasty!" She exclaimed, getting gasps and giggles from the others. "Nasty? But, you're always with him." Momo declared, the others agreeing. "He's like a brother to me. I could never date him. Besides, I have feelings for someone else..." (Y/N) explained, making all the other girls forget about Uraraka's question. "Who?" "Really?!" "Tell us!" Those were various things she heard her friends shout. "Okay, fine! I like Todoroki..." She mumbled, getting gasps. "I knew it!" Mina exclaimed, smirking proudly. "You should confess!" Momo encouraged, a gentle smile on her face. "Maybe. Oh look at the time! Class is about to start!" She announced, waving goodbye and rushing to her seat, which was behind Izuku.

As Aizawa began calling students up to know their grades, Shoto couldn't help but zone out. His gaze was kept on a certain (H/C) in the class. During the first few months of school, he always caught himself staring at her and thinking about her. At first, he thought it was just because she was quirkless and he was comending her on managing to get into a hero course in a prestigious school. Then, after a few talks with his mother, Rei, and his sister, Fuyumi, he quickly understood that he was just impressed by her, he was infatuated. He quickly realized that the nervous feeling whenever he was around her and the urge to protect her was out of love. He loved her. He wanted to confess so badly, but he was too worried about what his father would do if he found he not only had a girlfriend, but the fact that she was quirkless was well. The fear of rejection was also very prominent in his head. Suddenly, he heard a small noise of joy and his name being called. As he was walking up to Aizawa, he glanced over at (Y/N), who had ranked fourth overall. He smiled very faintly and recieved his grade, thanking his teacher before returning to his desk, continuing to think about her.

Eventually, lunch rolled around. (Y/N) walked into the cafeteria with Izuku, both of them discussing the recent fight between Fat Gum and some random villain. Before she could sit down, (Y/N) felt a tap on her shoulder. She glanced behind her, only to see Momo standing there. "Oh, hey Yaoyorozu. What's up?" She asked, smiling at her friend. Momo leaned in, so she was close to (Y/N)'s ear. "We told Todoroki-kun to go to the courtyard because someone wanted to tell him something. You should hurry over." She explained, pulling away with a devious smirk. (Y/N) gasped at her friends' actions before sighing, saying goodbye to Izuku before she rushed outside. On her way there, she could feel her heart pounding painfully in her chest. 'What if he rejects me? Class will be so awkward...' She thought, not realizing she was already there. She didn't stop walking until she bumped into something, falling to the ground. "Oww..." She mumbled, rubbing her hip as a hand was placed in front of her. "Let me help you up." The voice said, (Y/N) immediately recognizing it as Shoto. She blushed as she grabbed his hand, feeling herself get pulled up. Once she was standing on her feet, she bowed to him, apologizing for her clumsiness. "It's alright. Do you know who I'm supposed to meet here? Yaoyorozu said it was urgent." He asked, making the (H/C) sigh once again. "Yeah, i-it's me." She admitted. "Oh, okay. So, what's up?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion. "I...umm....I..." She stuttered, trying to find the courage. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder, realizing it was Shoto who did it. "Relax. You can tell me." He reassured, making her cheeks flush even brighter. "I LIKE YOU!" She blurted out, quickly covering her mouth. Shoto's eyes widened as he took a step back, shock flowing through him. "C-Can you w-wait h-here for a few m-moments?" He stuttered, not daring to meet her gaze. (Y/N), too embarrassed, just nodded, watching as he sprinted off towards the building.

Shoto felt his heart pounding and heard blood rushing to his head as he ran towards the cafeteria. He needed to find Izuku, and get advice on how he should accept it. Once he was in the cafeteria, he quickly spotted the familiar head of green hair. "Midoriya. I need you to come with me." He declared as he approached the table. Izuku tilted his head in confusion, but agreed nonetheless. He followed his friend out of the cafeteria and into the hallway. "Is something wrong, Todoroki-kun?" He asked, an anxious smile on his face. "(Y/N) just confessed that she has feelings for me and I don't know how to accept it." He responded, making Izuku's eyes widen. "A-Are you going to a-accept?" He asked, tears welling in his eyes. "Yes, I just don't know h-" Shoto began, but got cut off by Izuku falling to his knees with a few tears running down his face. "Midoriya?!" He exclaimed, startled by his friend's actions. "Y-You need to treat h-her right! I've s-seen h-how m-much she's s-suffered her e-entire l-life!" He shouted, small sobs escaping his mouth. Shoto froze in shock, but nodded. "I will. I would never dream of treating her badly." He explained, making Izuku shake his head. "T-That isn't g-good enough! P-Promise me! I c-can't watch her get h-hurt again!" He continued, his sobs slowing down. "I-I promise. I won't let you or her down." He reassured, extending a hand to help his friend up. Izuku accepted the help and nodded, silently thanking Todoroki for his promise. Izuku quickly explained that he should just be honest with his feelings and make sure she understands.

Shoto nodded and ran back to the courtyard, where he found an anxious (Y/N). "Oh, you came back. I thought you leaving was a way of you rejecting me..." She mumbled, a sad smile on her face. "I like you. A lot. You make me feel like there's butterflies in my stomach and a rope around my neck." He explained, shocking her to her core. "Woah, how morbid." She joked, getting a small smile from Shoto. "Does this mean we're dating now?" She asked, a hopeful smile on her face. Shoto nodded and the two just stood there in silence for a few moments. "Do we kiss now?" "Todoroki!"