Lovers: The Final Stage

When Sonic and Amy had gotten back to Central City everything seemed to be normal.

It was a cold night when they arrived and if Amy didn't know better, she expected it to snow. Amy and Sonic finally arrived at Rouge's apartment. They were outside her door and Sonic was about to leave after he made sure Amy was safe in the bat's apartment. Amy knocked and a few seconds later, Rouge opened the door. It surprised her how fast Rouge had opened the door because usually, it took her a few minutes.

Rouge looked at Amy and then at Sonic. She took a moment to process the scenery in front of her.

Sonic smiled at the bat, "Hey Rouge! I haven't seen you in a while-"

As if Sonic's voice had triggered something in her, Rouge reacted.

"Amy! Shadow is looking for you!"

.

After talking and discussing the current situation, the bat kept the two hedgehogs around. She didn't want them anywhere but at her apartment at the moment. She explained the current situation Amy was with G.U.N and Shadow's plan. They tried calling for Shadow multiple times but he wasn't answering his phone nor his wrist communicator. On the meanwhile, Rouge was explaining the things that had happened during her absence. Amy felt like her mind could explode at any second while Sonic only understood one thing. He most protects Amy at all costs.

"Do you have any clues about who is behind this?" Sonic asked. He was walking right and left across Rouge's living room.

"If we knew, we wouldn't be in this situation," Rouge said. She was sitting down on the couch next to Amy. "Amy should leave the city as soon as possible. Shadow is getting everything ready. Knowing him, he should be done but I don't know why he is not answering his phone."

"Maybe we should go to his apartment." Amy looked over at Rouge who was sitting next to get and added. "What if he is in trouble-"

As destiny wanted, a strong knocking was coming from the door. Sonic was fast and he opened it.

Shadow tried his best to keep standing. He pressed his hand against his abdomen as he tried to stop the blood from coming out. One of his eyes was purple and swollen. He had open wounds all over his body and blood came out of them. Sonic had only seen Shadow in such a state and that was years ago during the war.

"We need ... to leave." Shadow breathed heavily. "Everyone ... now!"

Rouge and Amy quickly went over the red-striped hedgehog and helped him walk to the couch. Shadow sighed heavily as he finally felt his body rested on the couch.

"What happened?" Amy wanted for that to come out loud but it instead came out as a whisper.

Sonic joined the group and reluctantly sat across the dark hedgehog waiting for him to respond to the pink hedgehog's question.

Shadow looked at Rouge and Amy then at Sonic. He felt relieved that the three were good and after a few seconds he was prepared to say his story.

Shadow sighed one more time. He was surprised that his body was still hurting so much but right now it wasn't the time to think about that.

"I know who is behind all of this ..."

.

Shadow has everything ready to go. It was just a matter of time for Amy to show up so they could leave. A million questions were going on his head. "Would she go with him?" If she wanted to be safe. "Will she bring Sonic along with her?" He hoped she didn't. "Would he be able to tell her how he feels?"