Chapter 12: The Trial Fight

Start from the beginning

"Right where you pointed, Dee," Mikey stated.

"Same here," Donnie said.

"Good! I guess I've gotten good at reading presences," she suggested as she kept walking. Mikey started following her. Donnie huffed and looked at Raph.

"Don't think too hard, Don, we don't want you to hurt yourself," Delilah added. He just pouted and followed her. Raph laughed and joined them.

♦️♦️♦️

In the building, Mikey jumped at everything. Donnie kept his head on a swivel, his thermal and x-ray goggles over his normal glasses. Raph just looked around casually. Delilah held her breath. Donnie stopped them in their tracks.

"What is it?" Delilah whispered. He motioned for them to stay put and he moved a few feet ahead to a t-intersection of hallways. He took a rifle from the back of his shell and shot to the ceiling four times. Two Foot soldiers fell through the ceiling, each with a bullet through their heads.

"Two shots to break the material, one for each of their heads," he stated. "You guys can come now."

Raph chuckled as he walked over the bodies of the soldiers. Mikey looked petrified. Delilah looked at the rifle as she passed Donnie. She looked at him.

"You've had this on you?" she whispered.

"Since I escaped the Foot Clan base in Pennsylvania," he responded. She nodded silently. She looked at him and continued walking. Donnie shivered. He didn't know what that look said, but he did not like it.

They found a stairway and heard echoes. Delilah stopped them and motioned for Donnie to see if he could see anything. He mouthed that there were people on the second floor. Delilah motioned for them to continue. When they got to the next floor, Delilah peaked her head above the landing. She came down a moment later, seeming shaken slightly.

"They've kidnapped people... Torturing them..." Delilah whispered. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened them and looked at the turtles. "People are tied to the walls and they seem to be doing dreadful tests on them. Don, check me up on that."

"On it..." he whispered. He took a small telescope and looked over the landing. He looked away quickly. "Definitely dreadful testing, or torture."

"That must be how they're infecting people," Raph stated. "Say that they're testing but actually torturing them."

"That's awful..." Mikey whined.

"I know, Mike," Delilah stated.

"But you're probably right, Raph," Delilah continued. "As soon as we get those people, someone should bring them out to Vincent and tell her to put them into quarantine immediately."

"I will. You need Donnie's brain and Raph's stabby stabs," Mikey volunteered.

"Sai," Raph snarled.

"Close enough," Mikey shrugged.

"Are you sure, Mike?" Delilah asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure," he nodded. Delilah sighed.

"Okay, be careful not to touch them directly. If you have to, touch their clothes- I'm not sure how COVID-19 affects you guys, but I don't want to risk it," she explained.