"Oh, and as for Maximus, it's not my fault he finds me better but since I've just seen your real side, I think he's got a good choice in girls." I faked a smirk, patting my shoulder in appreciation and then walked out of the cafe with my head high.

But as soon as I sat inside my car, tears couldn't stop flowing from my eyes.

I shut my eyes close tightly and leaned back to my seat, taking deep breathes for a minute.

Once, I was sure I was calm and it was safe for me to drive, I put the key into ignition and rushed back to home, my safe place.

It had been an hour and I was sprawled all over the couch of my living room.

My mind kept playing about today's scenario. It wasn't supposed to happen. She wasn't supposed to say such stuff but she did and I never realised Gracie was one of those competitive people.

Honestly, I would've forgiven her if she had apologised. But then she brought Elijah into our fight and it was enough for me to decide that Gracie would never be a part of my future. Nobody messes with what I had with Elijah.

I heard the main door being opened and shut and soon, my mom entered the living room.

She was dressed in a white shirt and formal pencil skirt matching them with black block heels. She must'd come from office and definitely looked stressed.

As soon as she saw me, she smiled at my posture and walked inside the kitchen immediately just to walk out with two wine glasses and a bottle, probably white wine.

"Wine?" she offered and I smirked at her.

"Is that even a question, mom?" I replied and she snorted while shaking her head, pouring out the drink, and I was right.

It was indeed white wine.

"Will there be a day when you'll decline my offer?" she joked as she handed me my glass.

"Neh." I grinned at her and she rolled her eyes while smiling.

My mum was really chill with me regarding drinking. As long as I didn't do drugs she was fine with me drinking but that didn't mean I was allowed to drink whenever I wanted to.

Since, I was seventeen I was only allowed to drink in front of my mother whereas my dad didn't like it.

My dad and mum were completely opposite to each other. The only people who consumed alcohol, that too occasionally were me, my mum and my brother, Blake, who was a university student at NYU.

My other brother Brent wanted to chase his dreams. He had always been good at soccer since his school days and soon, he was rewarded with a scholarship from Ivy League that too Yale and we were more than happy for him.

So, Brent being an athlete meant him not consuming alcohol at all.

And yes, they were twins.

My family had always been an amazing and a happy one for which I was glad.

My brothers would come back for winter break and I was really waiting for then to be back. I missed them.

"How's stuff?" mum questioned while she prepared dinner for the whole family at that moment which included herself, dad, me and Kiko.

We had shifted ourselves to the kitchen as mum had to cook dinner and I had nothing to do.

I was sitting on the kitchen island. "Stuff's good." I mumbled.

"You know you can tell me anything." she said as she continued marinating the chicken.

"Well, it's fine. Don't question why, but don't expect Gracie to be here anymore." I stated with a huff.

She froze as soon as she heard my sentence and mocked me, "Why?"

"Best friends aren't supposed to be jealous of each other just because the other one has been doing good." I rolled my eyes and my mum snorted in response.

"Maybe she had her reasons to do so?" she smiled and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Yeah. Definitely." I mumbled.

"Well, honey. You've got way more stuff to face once you'll reach university." she went back to her work and I groaned.

I had a year to go.

We went quite after that and just after a few minutes I heard my phone ringing from the living room.

I groaned again and carefully jumped off the island to attend the call.

It was Max.

I was so ready to beat his ass.

I immediately picked up the call. "Hey, Blaire here."

"Oh hey, Blaire. I want to share something with you." he said as soon as I picked up the call.

"Well, go on." I laid down once again on the couch with my one leg dangling on the headrest.

"Before you come rushing to my place to kill me, I had my own reason." he stated.

"Well go on."

"Gracie confessed for her feelings to me for which I'm sure you must be knowing." he said and I rolled my eyes. Of course.

"And I know I said that I have a thing for you.." his voice sounded nervous and shaky.

"Well, okay?" it sounded like a question.

"I'm sorry, but I had to take your name." he said and I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean by you had to take my name? Did somebody told you to do so?" I questioned. Seems like somebody else was ready to get their ass beaten up by me.

But then he said something which made me stop with my plan to beat them with my baseball bat.

"Well, you see, Blaire. I'm gay."