14 Insecurity

Part14

Lavanya's face brightened, seeing NK with a ROSE but he extended it towards Khushi, making her drop her jaw. But, she smiled, hearing his next stance.

NK: Happy MOTHER'S DAY Khushi...

Khushi (chuckling): Mother's day wishes... for me?

NK: Yeah... did you forget what you said after attending your first NORMAL DELIVERY CASE?

Khushi: What I said?

NK: Did you forget...?

Khushi nodded yes.

NK: Let me remember you. Close your eyes.

Khushi closed her eyes and NK took her to the day.

Flashback
All of them are getting ready to attend their first Normal delivery practical. As per Alphabetical order, Arnav, Aman, and Akash were in the first group, Khushi and Lavanya in one group, NK was in another group, and Payal in one group.

Arnav, Aman, and Akash already left as they were the first group. Khushi and Lavanya were called to attend the case.

Wearing the mask and the glows, they got inside the labor ward. This is the first time they were witnessing a mother's struggle to deliver a baby. Their eyes pooled, seeing a mother in the worst pain of the world. They couldn't hold themselves from crying. The chief doctor ordered Khushi, what to do. Khushi's hand shivered when she held the knife in her hand. She has to cut the sensitive place of the woman, exactly at the same time, when the baby comes out. To be noted... the knife should not harm the delicate head of the baby. Khushi's sight was blurring due to tears. She gulped. Squeezing her eyes, she stood, getting ready. She caught the baby in her hand, after cutting the skin of the mother... a newcomer of the world, who was being covered with her mother's blood. Khushi felt kind of heaviness in her chest. She separated the baby from the mother by cutting the umbilical cord. Khushi showed the baby to the mother. The woman who was screaming like hell, a few seconds ago smiled with tears... holding face full of happiness.

Khushi and Lavanya came out of the labor ward. Their eyes were still pouring. They headed to their usual spot where Arnav, Aman, and Akash discussing about it.

Arnav: Damn... this delivery...

Aman: God... I can't understand how the women tolerate the pain.

Akash: I can't understand how women dare to go to second child after facing this horrible pain... they have guts yaar...

Aman: Yes... but they will cry for silly things, nor realizing how strong they are.

Akash: yeah... you are right... I thought women are weaker... but they have unimaginable guts...

Aman: Yeah... men could never stand...

NK was getting horrible as he has to attend the next case.

NK: Why are you guys making me scare? I'm getting nervous.

They saw Lavanya and Khushi coming. It was not hard for them to understand how disturbed they are. Without asking anything, they let them to be quite. LA spoke.

Lavanya: I have decided something. I'm going to be a pediatrician. God.... how hard it's to give birth to a child. I will help mothers to protect their babies. Yes... I will be a pediatrician.

NK: What about you Khushi? You are also going to become a pediatrician instead of a Cardiologist?

Khushi(sternly): I want to become MOTHER...