Chad blinks, "Because, Dakota, I'm not the one who gives him–"

    Mindy groans, "Please don't finish that sentence."

   Dakota licked her lips and tilted her head, "really? Because the last thing I heard was–"

   In an instant, Chad's hand was over Dakota's mouth. Dakota huffs, pulling her lips into a straight line.

   Olivia hums, tapping her boyfriend on the ass. "No, let her talk– what did you do to Wes?"

   Chad fidgets, "Nothing!"

   Tara giggles, "I think you're lying."

   Chad keeps a firm hand on Dakota's lips, who was more annoyed that her alcohol was getting warm than anything else.

   "Why would I lie?"

   "Why wouldn't you lie? Liv is right there," Amber points out, leaning forward to rest her elbows on her knees. For emphasis, Olivia wiggles her fingers in her boyfriend's direction.

   "I mean, we know you and Wes are close– I didn't know you were that close," Mindy adds, sticking her nose up at her brother.

   He squints his eyes at her, using his free hand to point at her. "Not funny."

   Ambers's lips twitch, "it was a little funny."

   Dakota huffs, using Chad as a wall to lean against. If he was going to insist on holding her hostage– she could use him for her benefit, too.

   Chad groans dramatically, squeezing his eyes shut. "For the last time, I didn't do anything to Wes!" He screeches, sounding more like a little girl than someone who was about to graduate high school.

   "What did you do to me?"

   The voice comes from behind Chad and Dakota, and she doesn't even have to turn around to know who the voice belongs to. Not like she could, anyways, as she was still being held by Chad.

   Dakota wants to kick herself because she didn't even look at him yet and her heart was already struggling to function.

   "What did he do to you?" Mindy investigates, squinting her eyes.

   "Nothing! Thank god, tell them I didn't do anything to you! Please–"

   Wes hesitates, "depends on what you're talking about, exactly."

   At that, the room explodes with squeals.

  "I knew it!"

   Mindy gags, comforting Olivia with a pat on her head. Chad, on the other hand, releases Dakota and goes straight for Wes. Dakota isn't entirely interested in whatever was going on behind her, but the grunting insinuated some bro-on-bro fighting.

   That, or they were making out on the floor.

   Either way, Dakota flops back on the couch next to Mindy and slides her over to keep a spot open next to her.

   "What are you guys doing tomorrow?" Amber inquires, leaning back.

   "Work," Dakota says, casting a glance at the two boys who were just now getting up off the ground. The blonde boy takes his spot next to Dakota, tossing a lazy arm over her shoulder.

   Mindy scrunched her nose, "you still work at that shithole?"

   "Unfortunately." She grumbles, holding her bottle out for Wes who takes a quick sip and puts it between his legs.