ONE.

CHAPTER ONE.
(the pilot.)

   "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you!"

   She bursts out, slamming on the break so harshly her tires let out an ear-piercing squeal. Dakota jerked forward, nearly slamming her head on the steering wheel as the car came to a stuttering halt.

   "Jesus Christ, Dakota! Are you insane? You could've killed me!"

   The brunette took a moment to catch her breath, heavy breath fogging up the windows. "Are you okay?" Olivia asked, there was a slight tremble in her voice as she spoke.

   That was before Dakota broke out in a fit of giggles, tossing her head back as she clutched her stomach. She had a mischievous glint in her eye, licking her lips in an attempt to pull them out of her grin. Olivia's eyes were bulging from her sockets with her jaw dropped open as she stares at Dakota.

   "C'mon, Liv, that was fun-"

   "Fun? If I would've known you were trying to kill me, I wouldn't have asked you for a ride." Liv says as she practically throws her body out of the passenger side of Dakota's car. The brunette rolls her eyes with a huff, following her.

   "Next time I'll leave your slutty ass on the side of the road, maybe I'll get lucky and some perv will pick you up." Dakota comments from behind, her eyes traveling down Olivia's top which barely covers half of her boobs.

   Liv raises her middle finger above her head, not bothering to knock as she lets herself into Tara's house.

   "There's my girl!"

    Dakota locked into Chad's shoulder as she passed by, "-girls!" He corrected, earning a smug look from Dakota as she slumped onto the couch in between Mindy and Amber.

   Tara tosses her a bottle of something she doesn't even bother looking at before she sticks the bottle cap between her teeth, popping the lid off the top and pouring it down her throat. If there's a stinging sensation that runs down her throat, Dakota doesn't notice it.

   Amber is staring at her, giving her a once-over. "Damn,"

   Dakota swallows, "Stop eye-fucking me Amber, and focus on the game you're about to lose."

   "What?"

   "Ha!" Mindy throws her hands in the air, grinning from cheek to cheek. The game on the screen is written in thick red letters, 'LOSER!' on Ambers's side of the screen.

   "Oh fuck you, Mindy, I was distracted," Amber grumbles, tossing the controller to Olivia. Mindy stands up shaking her brother's hand as she cheers.

   "All I hear are excuses—"

   "They're not excuses!"

    Mindy shakes her head, holding her hand out in front of Amber. "Being sexually distracted is still an excuse, cough it up." Mindy shakes her hand, earning a grumble from Amber. A twenty is placed in Mindy's hand, the girl takes it with a smug look.

   She winks at Dakota, "Thanks for the assistance."

   Dakota shrugs, pushing herself off the couch. "Glad to be of service." She comments, tossing the bottle into the trash and finding another in the fridge.

   "Where's your boyfriend tonight, Dakota? He said he was coming." Chad asks, she places a bottle into his outstretched hand. She scrunches her face, crossing her arms over her chest.

   "Hell if I know,"

   "Well, he's not answering me, call him," Chad demands.

   Dakota shifted from one foot to another, taking a smaller sip. "Why would he answer me and not you?"