9) Delta Corvi - Hard to let go of feelings...

None of the flatmates of Rumi got newspapers delivered at home; all three of them had apps on their phones. Even though Rumi had gone through all the reviews of her film, she wanted to read the rest of the reviews in the local media. So she walked down to the corner shop of the street and bought a copy of every edition of daily newspapers available in the store. She was curious to know the reaction of the press to her role in the movie. Reaching home, she scanned every bit of report printed about her film. A couple of them mentioned her performance as promising debut and another couple of write-ups praised her comic timing. Only one review assigned a small paragraph to criticize the makers for giving too much importance to a newbie like her. According to their opinion, the film rested solely on Maya's shoulder and she should have got more screen timing. The last review disappointed her but she dismissed their opinion. Four out of five was in her favour so she felt pleased.

Her agency called her to congratulate her and asked her to meet them that morning. Then Ziva called her,

"Congratulations Rumi. You have made your mark. Now it is up to you to focus ahead."

"Thanks Ziva."

"Do you have more offers?"

"The agency called me. I think someone has approached them."

"Good. Grab it. You need a PR person. I know the agency will handle it but if you need one, let me know."

"Thank you."

"Catch you later then."

"Wait Ziva..."

"Yes, what is it Rumi?"

"I am sorry about the other night. It was wrong of me to be so curt with you."

"I know I know...We both rub each other the wrong way. It is alright. I just don't want a student of mine to waste her enormous talent."

"I won't Ziva. Please watch the movie and give me your opinion. I would be grateful for it."

"I will. Now I have to go. Take care." Ziva ended the call and Rumi's sigh was a mixture of relief and consolation. At least her rift with Ziva was over. She knew Ziva meant well but sometimes her high handedness maddened Rumi.

She was making a cup of coffee when the door was burst open and Ritika and Parth barged in with bouquets and bottle of wine. Finding her in Kitchen, they yelped in joy,

"You bitch, you made it..." Ritika gave her a tight hug and pressed the bouquet in her arms.

"Ah guys, Rumi Chaudhary has arrived. Everyone move out now." Parth whooped, lifting her high in the air.

"Parth put me down." Rumi shrieked with laughter.

"And this dear, calls for a toast."

Together, they opened the cork of the wine bottle.

"To our star Rumi...." Ritika made the toast and Parth repeated after her happily.

By the time they were refilling the glass for the third time, Rumi had regaled them with every tiny detail of the previous evening event.

"My god Rumi, didn't Yohan recognise you? He was furious at you for breaking up their party that day." Parth reminded her about her showdown with Yohan and his friends at the club.

"I don't know. He seemed pleasant last night." She omitted to tell them, her brief encounter with Yohan near the steps.

"How about your boy friend? Was he pleased with your performance?" Ritika asked Rumi.

Rumi noticed many missed calls from Ujjwal but she did not return his calls. She had no clue why he deserted her last night but she was not going to forgive him soon. His behaviour upset her and she was not one to let go of things easily.