Chapter 15: A rainy winter day

Start from the beginning

"Hm... I had an idea, b-but I'm not so sure about it...."

"What is it?"

"You know what? N-nevermind. That's probably not a good idea." She shook her head.

"What was it anyway? We never know until we try it." I stated.

"Well... I was thinking I use my body heat to regulate your dropping temperature." She started.

"That's a g-g-great idea." I shivered.

Me and Courtney locked arms, bringing us closer than what we were. I felt my stomach twisting in so many knots.

"Does this help?" She asked.

"I think your body heat and my nerves are heating me up." I answered.

"Your nerves?" She asked.

"Y-yeah. I get nervous around pretty girls. This is the closest I've been to one." I said.

WHAT THE HELL SCOTT?!?!?! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!?!?

"I-I can tell.... you're sweating.... alot." She pointed at my head.

"That's my body sweating, trying to work against the cold." I told her.

Even if this was embarrassing, it's helping me forget my freezing body.

Courtney's POV

I think Scott is so caught up noticing how nervous he is, he doesn't have the slightest thought of me being nervous around him.

Pull it together Courtney. You've been playing your cards well. Keep this up and you two will be even closer than before.

I looked up at his bright red face. He practically looks like he's dying of embarrassment.

He's sweating so much. I mean, is he really that nervous around me, or did he just a sweaty person?

I honestly can't tell. It looked like he attempted to adjust his hood to hide his bright red face. It was kinda cute.

Maybe he is nervously sweating. He wasn't sweating this much at the farm. So maybe.... he might have the same feelings that I have for him.

I just don't want to do anything stupid. I don't want to tell him and then him possibly not returning the same feelings. It would just be.... embarrassing. And I've watched a lot of cartoons and tv dramas to know.

Even though he was using his hood to cover his face I could still see it. His face expression was great. Kind of funny.

If I could take a photo of it, I would. Even though he felt cold, I like how us being this close to each other felt.

"Um... Courtney?" Scott started.

"Hm..."

"Is there something on my face or something?"

"Huh?"

"No. You're just staring at it and I thought..."

"Oh. Not at all. It's all clear."

"Okay.... so are you just staring at it?"

"I-"

I didn't really have an explanation.

"It's just.... you have really nice eyes. That's all." I said.

"I- I do?"

"Yeah."

"Well I like your eyes too. Both of them. O-on your face. They look good." He grinned.[AN: Scottney reference anyone? ^-^]

"Thanks. I like yours too."

"I-I know. You just told me." He chuckled.

"Yeah. I know But it doesn't hurt to say it again." I told him.

That did not sound completely platonic.

+

It continued to rain during our walk to my house. When we got there, we were soaking wet.

I heavily sighed.

"Ugh. Finally. Less water." I sighed.

"Tell me about it." Scott sighed.

"Here, you just stay there, I'm going to get a towel." I told him, heading upstairs.

I got a towel, and warmed it up with hot water. I came back downstairs with the towel.

I took the bandaid off Scott hand and gently pressed the towel on the cut. He seemed to deal with the sting pretty well.

After I cleaned his hand, i put the towel back.

"Well thanks Courtney." He thanked.

"Sure. Anytime."

"Well, I guess I'll head back out." He started approaching the door.

"W-wait. Stop." I told him.

He stopped and turned back around.

"I'll walk you." I told him.

"Its a nice offer but you really don't have to do that."

"Well I'm going to. Besides, I know you would do the same for me."

"Really?"

"Yes. Really. I'm going to get my umbrella." I told him.

+

After getting my umbrella, we headed back out into the pouring rain. Of course, we stayed close to each other so neither one of us would get wet. We laughed and enjoyed each other's company all the way there. We got to the front door of his house.

"Thanks for walking me back."

"It's no problem. I'll see you tomorrow Scott." I smiled at him.

"Yeah. See you to. Goodnight."

"Night." He gave a smile.

He then headed inside. I watched him shut the door to his house. I started heading back home.

Scott's POV

After getting home, I got showered and changed out of my uniform. I flopped down on my bed and happily sighed. Tomorrow is that last day until Christmas break. I'll have to wait to wait until next year just to see her again. I mean, I could visit her. But I'm not so sure about seeing her mom again.

I mean she acted nice but I'm not sure if she was too fond of me.... But still....

Courtney's POV

I walked back into my house and heavily sighed. Sheesh. That was a workout. I usually don't walk home from school. Nor do I walk friends home and then back to my house. I took off my coat and took a quick shower. I honestly needed one after all of that walking and rain.

After getting dressed, I started wrapping up Scott's gifts. I hope he doesn't take one of them offensively. I mean, it'll pay off in the long run. After I neatly wrapped everything up, I neatly place it in my backpack to make sure I wouldn't forget.

An: yeah, this one isn't as long as most but I actually enjoyed writing this one. Their interactions were better this chapter. Even though this one was shorter this one was pretty cute.

Anyways thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts on the story. And don't forget to vote.

And with that, we reach the end. Until next time.....