Chapter Nineteen

Media is my feelings on doing homework of updating my fanfics

Heather's POV

"Hey Dad, Curtis." I called into the house before shaking the rain from my coat. The storm had just began and I hoped to beat it to my flat. Dad and Curt weren't too keen on me moving out after the "incident" but I was suffocating under all their questions and Niall needed someone to keep the flat until the contract ran out. It lined up right with when I would be leaving for dance school if I get in. Harry says to check because we should be hearing soon but I know I won't hear until closer to Christmas if not later. I can hope but hoping only gets you so far.

"Hey Heather!" Curtis appeared from the kitchen, a pan in his hands as he dried away the water. It was around seven thirty and they had probably just finished dinner so Curtis was cleaning up. I had taken a late class this semester so on Thursdays I didn't finish at Uni until after seven. My stomach was grumbling and Curtis must have noticed because he smiled his creepy knowing smile and motioned me into the kitchen where a lone bowl of pasta lay waiting on the table. I smiled gratefully and went to sit in the living room where I knew Dad would be watching TV.

"Hello Pumpkin," he said rising from his chair to kiss my cheek. He had been doing that more often, showing affection. It was nice, especially since my dad was a pretty closed off person like myself. Curtis was the affectionate one of the family and this was proven by him joining us and snuggling his head on my lap.

He's a puppy I swear.

I munched happily on the pasta, my stomach grateful for the substance and some crime show played in the silence. This was what I hated, how awkward things were now between us. They knew something was up, they knew I wasn't telling and it was putting a strain on the relationship.

"How was school tonight?" Dad asked and I groaned because I had my calc class tonight and I hated that class. Honestly it was awful. Curtis looked sympathetic when I told them about the God awful class and how I had gotten the highest grade in the class on a test and I had barely scrapped a C+ out of the test. Curtis talked about getting his certification to be a firefighter and the ceremony in a few weeks, I was so proud of him. Curtis hadn't been great in school and I was glad he found something he was good at.

An hour passed of casual conversation and I had to grab my mail and go before the storm got worse and Dad used it to make me stay the night. I had to cut the ties a little since I would be leaving and it was going to be harder if they cant even handle me living twenty minutes away. Curtis took my bowl and Dad handed me my mail, I shuffled through it quickly but I knew that the letter wouldn't be there. There was junk mail mostly and a letter that was addressed to me from a Carol Martins but I didn't know anyone by that name so I decided to wait until I got home to open it.

"Still no word?" Dad asked sadly and I shook my head. He didn't look too upset but he had the grace to look a little disappointed. He chuckled a little and I looked at him oddly.

"Well," he laughed, "if it's hard for me and Curtis to let you go imagine how hard it will be for that boy. The one who sat by your side while you were in the hospital every day and as late into the night as he could. How is going to handle you leaving?" I thought back to the time I spent in the hospital, I can sometimes hear someone speaking to me. I recognize the voice but I can't place it.

"It's okay dad, Harry and I broke up." I said bluntly, regretting not telling him before tonight.

"Harry?" Dad looked at me oddly and I gave him a weird look back. "I'm talking about that boy, oh what's his name? He works out in the gym a lot. Poor boy wouldn't leave your side. He just kept talking to you and waiting for you to wake up. Do you remember his name Heather?"