Chapter Seven

Double Update! Getter done... oh god I'm sorry lol 

Heather's POV

Five days have passed since Zayn left me confused on the curb in front of Niall's apartment. After he had pulled away I walked to the door and was yanked in before I even had a chance to knock. Niall was crushing me into his chest and I swore he was crying. Why was he crying?

"Don't ever scare me like that again!" He pleaded before crushing me again, I waited for him to get all of his worry out before he shifted to anger. "Where were you!? I couldn't get a hold of you because oh right I had your phone because you didn't come back here after the fight! Then you get dropped off by a stranger the day after and ugh I could slap you and kiss you at the same time for scaring me and for being alright." Niall always ranted, it was just what he did and when you made him sad or upset it felt like you had just kicked a puppy. I apologized profusely, trying to explain without selling Zayn out since he hadn't sold me out. As confused as he made me I still owed him enough to keep his secret. I just told Niall I crashed with a classmate so that I wouldn't get caught on the street by the police after the fight broke up. Niall never mentioned my wig flying off so I assumed that no one noticed because the lights went out and wanted to dance in relief. 

My ankle was still sore, the swelling finally going down a little but it was still a little tender. I had called the Board, letting them know that Heath was fine and he hadn't been caught by the police and that everything was okay. They seemed to buy it and I couldn't believe my luck. My dad and Niall had both been worried, especially since dad thought I was staying at Niall's and when Niall had called him to ask where I was he had been pretty worried, but I had eventually gotten them calmed down.

Harry was another story.

When I finally got my phone back from Niall, dodging his questions about who Harry was and pretending not to see the protectiveness in his eyes when I said just a friend, I had about ten texts and several missed calls from him. All of them between when the fight began to roughly four in the morning on Saturday. I had called him back, explaining that I had been spending time with my dad and had left my phone at home, immediately feeling guilty for lying and then telling him that I needed some space for a little. I told him flat out because I didn't believe in beating around the bush, that I had something to tell him and I wasn't sure how he would take it or how I would explain it so I left it open and asked him to give me some time; he complied reluctantly and stayed away.

This meant that Zayn stayed away too. 

I didn't understand what he had meant when he said he couldn't like me. It just made me frustrated because he was just deciding that being a jerk to me was okay just because he couldn't have feelings. While the feelings I have for Zayn may not be romantic they are still feelings and he was completely ignoring them. I hated having my voice ignored. Sometimes I feel like Zayn is the embodiment of all of the things I have struggled with.

On top of all of the drama with the Underground, I was starting to get overwhelmed by the web of people I was getting trapped in. As I desperately tried to shake Zayn from my mind I found reminders of him in every corner of my life. My best and only girl friend Sydney had asked me a couple of nights ago to go to dinner with her and then go dancing with her and her new boy, not boyfriend just boy. Imagine my surprise when my best friend's date was none other than Louis Tomlinson. Louis was obviously one of Zayn's friends, not so much Harry's because Louis didn't know who I was. Then a couple of hours ago when I had come in to work my shift at the gym I find out that my father has hired a new boxing coach, none other than Liam Payne who happens to be Zack-Attack's coach. 

So that is how I ended up where I am now, it's roughly two in the morning and I have been working out for a good three hours. My body was screaming at me to stop but I needed to lose myself in the workout and forget all of the stress of my life. This would have worked had the cause of my frustration not rolled into the gym about two hours ago. My father had told me that he gave a spare key to a trusted patron, of course that had to be Zayn and it also explained how he got in that night even if I hadn't locked the door. I had been doing my best to avoid Zayn, he had hurt my feelings and made me feel small, but it was hard to ignore him when he was jogging on the treadmill next to mine even though there were five others open. I just cranked up the sound on my IPhone, the headphones blaring in my ears as Talk Dirty To Me played. Zayn would glance over at me every so often and I would pretend not to notice. We played this game for around forty five minutes. Whenever I would glance down he would glance at me, when I glanced at him he would glance down, if I turned my speed up so did he and so on until I couldn't take anymore and abandoned the machine in favor of the training mats.