Preface

Copyright © 2020 by Sherzahd

Published at Wattpad

Acknowledgements 

Chihoon Kyung - always my biggest pain in the butt, but also a huge inspiration. 

Wattpad Edition, Licence Notes

Thank you for reading this free book. This book may not be reproduced, copied or distributed for commercial purposes without the author's permission. If you enjoyed this book, please click the 'follow' button to discover future works by this author. Thank you for your support.

Cover design: Sherzahd

Cover Stock: Pixabay

This book is a work of fiction. All characters, places, companies, organisations and incidents are fictitious and the product of the authors' over-active imaginations. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Author's Note

Firstly, thank you for reading my story, I know that your time is precious, so I trust that you will enjoy the read. This anthology is a walk along a path through a dark soul. I've shared some of these poems before and ended up on the receiving end of a lot of concerned messages and e-mails from friends and fellow-writers thinking I was going through a rough time. Be assured, the darkness within these pages are not my own, even if they were written by me. They were all written from the perspective of a male fictional character. 

Soulscape...

Outside my window the day is bright, but I'm here, surrounded by only Darkness as I walk in the footsteps of those who judge me, wearing their ignorant stares and whispered innuendos like a shroud.

My heart pounds like a fist hammering on my door demanding to be let inside. This door is a two-way street, my friend, nothing can be allowed in, lest I allow the demon who has branded my soul its home out. And I'm not ready to set him free on an unsuspecting world... yet.

Slivers of light filter through, dancing like warm feather-light touches against my skin, trying to seduce me, but the voice of Darkness' song in my ear is far too alluring. It sings all the right words, so I set it to repeat, swaying to the rhythm, surrendering myself to its monotone as Darkness claims me as its groom once more.

 It sings all the right words, so I set it to repeat, swaying to the rhythm, surrendering myself to its monotone as Darkness claims me as its groom once more