Chapter 2

Toni and Cheryl talked earlier. Toni was saying how Betty better not still have feelings for Archie.

Toni loves Jughead as a friend of course and didn't want him hurt. "I'm just saying. The feelings between Barchie better have been completely fake."

"Tt. Betty and Archie have known each other for a long time" Cheryl explained

"Yeah so have Betty and jug. They were all friends since kindergarten." Toni says.

"But Betty has always liked Archie. Since they were kids up until the start of high school."

"But he never liked her back. He rejected her. And who was there for her when she needed help with solving mysteries and her family? Jughead. He's always been there. Betty was young when she liked Archie. Their grown now" Toni sighed.

"Tt why are you getting so worked up about this?" Cheryl rubbed Tonis shoulders.

"Jughead is a great person. And a great friend. He was especially a great leader. He is a great boyfriend to Betty and you can tell she is his entire world. I don't think he would be able to handle it if he wasn't her world anymore."

"Yeah you're right. Bettys my cousin though. I can't betray her trust and tell Jughead if in fact she does have feelings for Archie." Cheryl says with makes Toni even more upset.

"Fine But you have to tell me. I'm not afraid to tell him. I have to tell him if something happens. Promise me you'll tell me if something happens between them. Even if they tell you not to tell anyone."

"... Okay. I will." Cheryl says.

Jughead and Veronica gets off Jugheads motorcycle and he laughs at how terrified she looks even when they enter pops and walk inside.

Veronica catches her breath.

"That scary huh" Jughead teases her.

"Shut up. Get your books out. I'll catch you up." Veronica says.

"You seemed upset at school. Is everything ok?" Jughead asks.

"Honestly no but it's probably nothing." Veronica says.

"Well what is it?" Jughead asks.

"I don't wanna worry you." Veronica says taking out her books.

"I can take it." Jughead says smiling, sure it's nothing.

"It's about Archie and Betty." Veronica says.

Jughead looses his smile. "What about them."

"...I think they like each other...or at least Archie likes Betty."

"Why do you think that?" Jughead asks. His insecurities have been there through the entirely of their relationship. He always hated that Betty used to like Archie. They fear of her liking Archie left. That was until they kissed on Christmas while they broke up. It took a while after him to fully trust Bettys feelings towards him but the fear did leave.

When they had to pretend to date he felt his heart crush. If there was a chance they could develop feelings for each other it would happen now. He was scared that whatever Veronica was about to say would prove his suspicions.

"Archie looked jealous when Betty kissed you today. He was the only one not laughing at Tonis comment. He also could have asked me to help him with his homework since I have an A+ in that class but he didn't. He chose Betty." Veronicas eyes started shining.

"I'm sure he didn't mean to upset you. I saw the look he gave to after we kissed but maybe he's just stressed about collage" Jughead grinned slightly.

Veronica shook her head. "I was on Archies phone setting up applications to help him with different subject and opened the message app to see if he still had me as "new girl" since he put me as that when I first moved here...I saw that he had sent Betty a kissy face the day Cheryl took a picture of them kissing." She took a breath and wiped the tear that rolled down her cheek.

"She told him that she hoped she wasn't a bad kisser..with a wink emoji and he replied saying that she was gr-great..I jus-" Veronica couldn't finish her sentence.

"Veronica" He places his hand on top of hers. "I'm sure they were joking. They probably weren't serious" Jughead said trying to convince himself as well as her. "He wouldn't have let you on his phone if he was hiding something."

"I just don't wanna lose them. If he breaks up with me I'll lose him forever. I'll also lose my best friend. There's no way I would be able to face either of them again" Veronica wipes another tear.

"Me neither." Jughead whispered. "You're probably over thinking."

Veronica shrugged and mumbled something Jughead wasn't able to hear.

His phone started ringing and he took his hand away from hers.

"I have to take this I'll be right back." He headed outside and stood by his motorcycle.

"Hello?" Jughead asked.

"Hi, is this Forsythe Pendleton Jones III? We're from Yale University."

"Uh yeah that's me"

"We see that a spot has cleared up. We wanted to know if you wanted it"

"Wait really? Yeah that's awesome"

"Awesome! I'll have to dean give you a call soon to set up a meeting. We need to discuss grades"

"Great thanks"

They hung up before he has the chance to.

He heads inside and sees Veronica already ordered and their food just got delivered.

Veronica sees the smile on his face. "Finally some good news. What is it?"

Jughead sits. "A spot opened up for Yale. I'm guessing it was Bretts."

"Thanks great Jughead. You said yes right" Veronica raises her eyebrows.

"Obviously. But the lady told me I have to set a meeting up to discuss my grades."

"Don't worry you'll start getting A's again in no time with my help"

"I know. Thanks Ron" They continued their studying and eventually finished eating too.

Jughead dropped her off and headed home as well. Betty was already back laying in bed on her phone.