Tsukasa watched her struggle, bemused. To her dismay, she could not break free.

"You know... you fuss around like some duped puppy!" The boy laughed, finally releasing his hold on the gasping, trembling Wonder.

"Don't think it's funny." Y/N irritably replied, adjusting the collar of her red coat.

"I don't think it's funny!" Tsukasa smiled, chuckling lightly. "I think it's cute."

"Don't call me cute. Move aside."

Tsukasa shuffled away politely, Y/N wishing by every minute that she could wipe the grin off his face.

"Why do you act so grumpy?" The spirit hopped after Y/N step for step as they headed away from the gym where they practiced combat.

'Great. Now the little rat's following me.'

Ever since Day 1 as Aka Manto, Y/N had been pestered by the spirit, encouraging her to learn how to kill.

She could not say no: first, because he saved her life, and second, he was hella' scary when you didn't follow his orders.

"It's because I haven't been doing well, with patrolling all the other Wonders. And you're the only person I can look up to for advice."

"And...?"

Y/N threw her hands up in frustration.

"You're solution to everything? 'Kill, kill, kill!'"

Tsukasa hummed, accepting the prospect. However, he leaned close, amber eyes slitted in reminder.

"I'm helping you. Didn't you say you want to kill Amane?"

Y/N tensed uncomfortably, stroking the sleeves of her red coat.

"Well, I..."

She did. Despite her reluctance to brutal violence, she still hated her murderer with a hatred she could not explain.

"....I'll work on my knife swings. Sorry, Tsukasa." Y/N sighed, shoulders slumped in defeat.

"There, there!" The boy patted her on the head in a childish manner. "Killing came naturally to me. Don't worry, the time will come you'll get used to it!"

'But I don't want to!'  Y/N shied away from his hand, not missing the flicker of crazy in his eyes.

As they weaved through the many empty corridors of the school, she took the time to timidly pry a topic she'd been dying to talk about for almost two months.

"Tsukasa?"

"Yes?"

"You mentioned a portal that leads to many other portals all those days ago. Can-"

"Y/N." His eyes had gone dark, devoid of any warmth. Y/N smiled back nervously.

"If this is about when you can guard it, I'll decide later."

"But you said am its guardian!"

"You're not  ready!"

Y/N looked at him indignantly, ruffled.

"Who are you  to say when I'm not-"

"Oh, look where we are!"  Tsukasa floated to a jarring stop, clearing trying to veer away from talk. Y/N held back a groan; the spirit always brushed the topic off, like any other day.

It was a bird's eye view of the whole of Sukora, the school she was bounded to. Right now it was lunch, so all the students stayed in the cafeteria, making it look vast and peaceful.