two

Y/N's POV

I woke up around 6:30 and got ready for the day ahead of me.
The Spring InterHigh Tournament came very quickly. I know we're ready, but I can't help but be nervous. This is the last time I will face Akari Saito, the captain of the female Shiratorizawa VBC since she will be graduating after this. The team has yet to beat them and Akari Saito is a large part of that, as their backbone she keeps her team in high spirits and always on their toes. And on top of that, she loves to get me worked up. She is a nice girl, but as soon as you're on the opposite side of the court as her, all that changes. Which is exactly why I hate her. She acts all nice and is so mean to anyone who could possibly be better than her, which just makes her look stupid in my opinion. As the captain of one of the most powerful schools, and the only second year serving as captain, a lot of teams dislike me on the court, and Akari is no exception. Which is definitely fine by me, she's never really been someone I want approval from anyway.
Once I was ready to go I went downstairs to make breakfast and lunch for me and Tooru, since the boys also have their tournament today.

"Tooru! Hurry up or we're gonna be late" I screamed not worrying about making out parents knowing they have already left for work.

"Sorry, I'm coming now!" I heard my brothers muffled scream through the walls of my house. A few seconds later I saw him come down the stairs and pick up his bag neatly packed with his volleyball gear and the food and water bottle I just added. After slinging his bag around his neck he picked up mine and walked to the door where I met him with a piece of toast for him to eat on the way out.

"Thank you Tooru." I thanked him while taking my bag out of his hands. After locking the door me and my brother began walking to the school where our bus would be waiting to take us to our respective gyms. Which reminds me of something.

"Hey Tooru?" All I got was a hardly audible grunt from the brunette as he was checking his phone, but it was enough of a response for me.

"Since the gyms are so close, and the female finals take places after the male, are you going to come watch me play?" Your voice held a bit of nervousness. Me nor my brother has seen the other play since that first tournament in high school, and I'm afraid he'll be off to college before he gets to see me play in high school.

"Of course, Y/N!" Oikawa replied with a bright grin. I felt my lips curve into a smile as I heard those.

After a bit of just walking in silence we reached the school. The rest of the 2 teams were sitting outside near the bus, I guess they were all waiting on us.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" You recognized the voice to be the ace of the male team.

"Iwa-chan!!" I slung my arms around the boy and gave him a quick hug

"Nice to see my favorite of the royalty." Iwaizumi said with a slight chuckle.

"Sorry we're late guys, he wouldn't hurry up." I apologized on me and my brothers behalf while pointing at the brunette.

"It's ok, let's just get going." One of your team yes assured you as you all climbed on the bus. Since the gyms where both tournaments would be held are so close, the school decided to just take one bus.

-time skip-
Once the boys finals had ended, there was a bit of time I could spare to go speak with my brother.

"Tooru." my voice was sharp, my brother could tell I was serious. He turned around, still looking at the ground, and gave me a quiet response that I couldn't quite make out. I sighed a took a step closer to him.
"Stop pretending that you're done. We both know you aren't. Don't wallow in self pity, you're better than that. Who cares if you didn't beat what's-his-face in high school? Just go beat him in university. A win is a win, when it happens makes no difference. You did amazing Tooru, that's all that matters, now go tell your team how well they did so you can come watch me play." My voice wasn't harsh, but he could really tell I meant what I said.

"Ya know Y/N, sometimes it's hard to believe you aren't the older sibling. God, what would I do without you. Now go, you have a game to get ready for." The words left Tooru's mouth as he looked up and gave me a very large hug before shoving you towards the direction I needed to go. Before leaving I gave him a quick smile and nod and ran out of the building and into the gym next door.

When I reached the small locker room my team was using for the final game, I pulled down my sweatpants which revealed my volleyball shorts and pulled on my knee pads and shoes. After getting dressed I ran out of the room and onto the court to warm up. We were starting with hitting drills so I took my respective position as setter and began to set the balls for my teammates to spike down. Our ace, a third year named Azumi Yui, hit down one of my sets with such force, it would've left a mark. I say would've because our libero, Hairuka Keiko, recieved it perfectly. Even outside of these two, our team is strong, I know we can handle whatever Shiratorizawa throws at us.

Once we finished hitting drills, we used to rest of our time for serving. After my second practice match in my first year it became a sort of ritual for me to serve the first serve in warm up alone, to get the attention of the other team and give them a little scare. It was a silly thing to do, and I asked many times if we could give it up but the third years insisted so I still did it, just to respect m upperclassmen. I threw my ball up, all eyes on me, took my approach, jumped and smacked the ball to the other side.

Ushijima's POV

Now that awards were over for the male tournament, both teams went to go watch their female counterparts game. As Shiratorizawa sat down, we could see the Seijoh caption going up to serve, alone, which was rather odd.

"They do it to scare the other team." Tendou leaned over a whispered in my ear. I suppose he saw my confused expression.

Why would it scare-? My thought was cut off with the sound of the ball being hit down to the ground with an extreme force. I realized the answer to the question I didn't quite get to finished and looked down at the girl who served the ball, she looked oddly like Oikawa Tooru, which was another question that got answered without me having to really ask as I heard a scream coming from the other side of the bleachers.

"THAT'S MY SISTER!!" Oikawa screamed with his hands cupped around his mouth. I looked back down to the girl on the court.

"SHUT UP YOU BALLON!! IWA-CHAN HIT HIM FOR ME!!" The girl yelled back up to the stands. I couldn't help but laugh a bit as I saw the Seijoh ace hit the captain on his head.

"Oi? What's this? Does Ushiwaka actually know how to laugh?" Tendou asked with a small smile on his face.

"Of course I know how to laugh, everyone does." I answered simply, a bit confused with the question.

After that I just ignored the redhead and focused on the game. Mainly the setter from Seijoh. She was remarkable, our setter paled in comparison to her setting skills, not to mention her serves. Still, it was no match for our team, and in the end we won.

———————————————-
,':)