Chapter 13: Secrets

AUTHORS NOTE: THIS STORY WILL BE THIRD POV FROM HERE ON OUT!

"Rebekah please be careful." Elijah reminded his sister. "What the worst that can happen? We're only going to the school and back. Maybe a little shopping if she's well." Rebekah looked back at Elvira who was sitting in the car.

Elvira hasn't said much since the funeral, which was a week ago. She's been quiet. But the truth was, she had nothing to say. Nothing to question, nothing to ask. She simply was lost for words.

Elvira and Rebekah pulled into the only high school in town, Mystic Falls High School. "Great isn't it?" Rebekah asked, clearly being sarcastic. Elvira wanted to quit school, but Kol denied her request. "I know you don't know me, but I'm sorry for your loss. It'll get better. Kol will make sure of it." Rebekah said. Elvira listened, but didn't respond.

They walked into the school and filled out the transcript papers. "You're all set Ms. Riley. I'll see you in a few weeks." Elvira nodded and went back out to the car, waiting on Rebekah. "Do you like school?" Rebekah asked as she got in the car. "No," Elvira decided one word answers was the way to go. "Did you have friends?" Answer question. "No." Rebekah scoffed, "I thought I liked you, but I was wrong." Elvira was furious. "You don't know how disoriented I am at this moment! You don't know how I feel. My mother was my best friend, the only one I had. So I'm sorry if I'm not in the mood to talk!" Elvira yelled. "Niklaus killed my mother! I know what it feels like to lose a parent. My father is after us too, so before you start with the part where your father is trying to kill you, mine is doing the same thing as well!" Rebekah was now yelling at Elvira. "Don't yell at me like you know me!" She yelled back. Rebekah scoffed again, "get out!" Elvira gave her a confused look, "excuse me?" "I said get out of my car!" Elvira scoffed back at her and got out of the car. Rebekah backed the car up and drove out of the school parking lot leaving Elvira there alone.

Rebekah arrived home without Elvira and she knew Kol was going to be furious with her. "Elvira come here please!" Kol yelled when he heard the front door open. Rebekah went up to her bedroom, not even bothering to tell Kol about the argument she had with Elvira.

A few minutes later Kol walked into her room. "Have you seen Elvira?" Rebekah didn't answer. She stayed silent waiting for Kol to go into a raging outburst. "Rebekah!" Kol yelled, snapping her out of her thoughts. "I left her at the school." She said proudly. "You what?" He asked seriously. Rebekah hated when Kol got upset, he went a little crazy. "She was being a bitch. What was I supposed to do?" She yelled. "Don't call her that! Why did you leave her?" He asked frantically. "She was complaining about her mother dying, acting like I didn't know the pain," Rebekah said. "Dammit Rebekah!" Kol yelled and stormed out of the house to find Elvira.

Elvira walked for a while, but finally decided to stop and take a seat. If Kol really wanted her he would come and get her. It was nearing dusk and a car speeded down the road, but came to an abrupt stop and turned around. Elvira didn't look up to see who it was because she already knew. "Elvira! What the hell? Are you okay?" Kol asked rushing to her side. "I'm fine. Your sister is just rude, that's all." Kol nodded, "I know, she mention you two got into an argument." Elvira shook her head. "Do you want to go home?" Kol asked her. "No. I want something to eat, to be honest." She said embarrassed. Kol looked at her neck and seen the faint scar of his bite that he embedded on her. He reached up and stroked it with his thumb. "Okay." He said quietly.

The two sat in the Mystic Grill, Elvira eating her dinner. "Anything else I can get you?" Matt asked. "No thanks, if I need something I'll be sure to let you know." Elvira smiled. Matt left and there was a moment of silence before Kol spoke up. "Are you okay?" He asked. Elvira put her fork down and sighed, "I'm fine, just because I go a day without talking doesn't mean something's wrong. It just means I don't feel like talking, there is nothing to say." Elvira said. Kol sarcastically chuckled, "Your mother just died-" Elvira cut him off, "-and I'm mourning," she said. "How are you mourning? You don't cry, you don't speak about it?" He asked. "It's none of your business." She said softly. Kol wanted to know how she was mourning. He knew Lisa's death devastated her. "Elvira what are you doing to take away the pain?" Kol asked again. "I said it's none of your business." She said sternly. "Why must you be so difficult?" He asked. "I'm not. I just don't wanna tell you." She said. "But you can tell me anything, you know that." Kol reassured her. "I know, but not this. I can't." She said. "Elvira-" "-I want to leave." She cut him off again. "Fine." Kol said sternly. After Kol paid the check, he drove them home.

When they got back to the mansion, Elvira exited and went to the couch without saying a word to Kol. "Hello love." Klaus said as she took a seat. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Peachy." She answered. "She's not in the mood Niklaus. She's giving me the cold shoulder." Kol spoke up from behind them. "Is that so? What's the bother?" He asked. "You know what!" Elvira yelled. "I didn't ask for this! I didn't ask for Kol to bite me, I didn't ask for my mother to die and I sure as hell, didn't ask for your help. So could you please, for one minute, just let me be?" She yelled pleading. Klaus nodded and left Elvira to be alone.

Kol stood in the back of the room waiting for the right moment to speak, but there wasn't one. She wanted to be left alone and he had to respect that. Kol went to leave, but he had to ask one question. "Do you want us gone?" He asked. She scoffed, "no." Kol felt a weight lifted off his chest, as long as she didn't want him gone, he could make this better. "Goodnight." Kol said and left her be.

It was late and Elvira had that urge again. She knew everyone was asleep, so right now would be the perfect time. She slowly crept up to the large bathroom.

Kol heard someone coming up the steps and the bathroom door open. He quickly and quietly made his way towards the bathroom. It was cracked and he pushed it opened to see something he never wanted to see. "Elvira no." He said quietly.

CLIFFHANGER! WHAT DO YOU THINK ELVIRA IS DOING TO GET OVER HER MOTHER? COMMENT BELOW!

Next Update: Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014