"I'm sorry Wren" He apologizes, kneeling down in front of me and attempting to wrap me in his arms.

"no you're not" i spit at him with as much venom as i can before pushing him off me.

I try to gather myself but anyone that takes one look at me can tell I'm on the verge of breaking down once again. 

Standing from the ground, i gather as much of my dignity that i have left before slowly walking to the gate.

My gaze never falters as i hear guards asking if they should stop me or not but Bellamy dismisses them and lets me go.

Walking out of Arkdia, i let the tears stream down my face once I'm out of everyone's sight. I stumble through the woods, hoping I'm going in the right direction but once the scent of blood fills my nose, i know I'm there.

Walking into a clearing, dead bodies lay everywhere and the stench of blood is so strong it makes me gag.

Through watery eyes, i see a large man with curly brown hair laying against a rock not to far from where i am.

"Cassius" i whisper before running over to him.

His eyes are closed and blood is gushing out of a bullet wound in his stomach but his chest rises and falls as he takes ragged breaths.

"Cassius!" i yell more urgently, putting pressure on his bullet wound while more tears fall from my eyes as the situation sets in.

"Cassius please" i beg, not wanting to lose him.

"Wren" he whispers so silently i almost don't hear it.

"hey it's going to be alright okay, you're going to be fine. just hang on a little longer, I'm sure someone will come and find us soon" i reassure.

He slowly takes my hands in his and pulls them away from his wound. "there's no hope for me Wren i-"

"no no it's fine, you'll be fine" i interrupt, panicking while putting my hands back on his wound.

"Wren" he calls in a soft voice, making me stop what i was doing "it's fine, it'll be okay" he gently cups my cheek in his hand and wipes away the tears falling from my eyes.

"is Malachi okay?" he asks casually, like he's not bleeding out right in front of me.

"yeah yeah he's fine" i sob while nodding my head.

"please tell him i love him and that I'm sorry"

"i-i will"

"you can't stay here, someone is bound to find us sooner or later and if they see you here they'll think you did it"

"i can't leave you here, i won't, you'll die" my hands start shaking uncontrollably, he grasps both my blood covered hands in his and looks me in the eye.

"i love you, never forget that" his words fade away and his grip on my hands loosen.

"Cassius" i cry out "Cassius!'

He remains unresponsive as i feel for a pulse and find none.

I don't know how long i sat there and cried but even if i wanted to leave i couldn't, my eyes were so full of tears it was hard to see and i'm sure i wouldn't be able to walk without falling. 

The sound of horses approaching fast alarms me, Cassius had said to leave before anyone came.

Quickly standing up, i grab Cassius' knife that had been discarded next to him before stumbling over to the tree line.

Hiding behind a tree, i watch as Clarke and Lexa get off a horse and stare in horror at the massacre that lays before them.

Trying to hold myself together, i slowly start to walk back to Arkadia with a plan in mind.