"but, thanks for helping me," he said solemnly. i continued to look at the ground but my face softened.

"the school nurse wasn't even in school that day so without you... my ankle would probably be screwed," he admitted, examining his white sneakers.

"i just bandaged it and put it on a chair," i shrugged. "i'm sure you would have figured it out."

dragging you to the office was no challenge either.'

i thought sarcastically, resisting a scoff at my own joke.

"still..." he frowned. "i owe you one."

a weird feeling sat in my stomach - and it was not a good one. i didn't want this aquaintanceship to lead any further. i was unsure about even talking to him. he was so unpredictable and frankly rather annoying.

what if he found out that i was his soulmate?

"that's fine," i tried to laugh it off in hopes of not revealing my concern.

"how about lunch together?" he mused, ignoring my response.

"you really don-"

"let's exchange numbers!" he pressed and proceeded to lift my bag, looking for my phone.

i tried to snatch the bag from him but he held it above my head with a teasing smile.

"oikawa-san..." i grumbled in warning, our positions progressing to standing on the bleachers.

"call me oikawa," he told me, grinning in delight at my struggle.

i refrained from jumping, still aware of my injured ankle, but flailing my arms desperately.

"argh," i groaned in annoyance. "give me back my bag!!"

"not until you let me repay you!"

"i don't even want to talk to you let alone have lunch!"

"come on now, that's not very nice! why can't we be friends?" he asked, looking down on me with a frown and pleading eyes.

"i don't want to be friends!" i told him and used the opportunity of the pause in his pestering to jerk up and seize my bag, slumping back down into a sitting position with triumph evident on my face.

oikawa huffed with defeat, pouting as he sat back down.

"it wouldn't hurt to be a little more polite, you know..."

"it wouldn't hurt to be a little less annoying," i countered.

oikawa gasped loudly and dramatically.

"that's what you get for calling me chikasue-chan."

"oh? do you not like chikasue-chan?" his teasing returned after he recovered. "how about chi-chan?"

chi-chan?!!'

i turned my head to shoot him an icy stare but i then saw him focused on something else. the two phones in his hands.

"chi... chan!" he finished punching in the characters and handed my phone back to my frozen figure.

"i'll text you lunch details soon, okay?" he waved and gently hopped off of the bench, limping towards a panting iwaizumi.

i blinked at my phone.

oikawa~
xxxxx xxxxxx

although the other day was one of the first few times i've ever talked to oikawa, he was, after all, my classmate which explains how comfortable he is talking to me. myself, not so much, but undeniably, we were already aquantances.

despite my attempts to avoid interactions with oikawa, here i was with lunch arrangements.

this is the opposite of what i wanted.

22.03.20

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏