one.

"HEY OLLIE, CAN YOU DO THIS PAPERWORK FOR ME?"  jake asked, walking over to oliver's desk, a stack of papers from his last case in his hand.

"uh... no,"  oliver answered, smiling.  "i'm going home early for the weekend and i have a date."

"a date?"  jake asks, pulling an offended look.  "with who?"

"with takeout and netflix.  i haven't gotten an early weekend in so long and i'm not risking overtime.  get amy to help."

"get amy to help with what?"  amy chimed in, grabbing a mug then heading over to coffee maker.  "with jake's paperwork so i don't have to,"  oliver answered before she headed off to the kitchen.

"okay..."  jake said, putting the paperwork on oliver's desk.  "what if... you help me, we get out of here early, get chicken nuggets and then watch die hard, the greatest cop movie ever made.  great idea, right?"  he added, making a gesture with his arms.

"i was planning to just watch stranger things, and order takeout, thai food and if i do that, i don't have to help you,"  oliver smirked at jake, pauses in between the last few words.  "but..."

"but...?"   jake interrupted, leaning into oliver slightly.

"if you want... we can watch die hard this weekend and get chicken nuggets, or whatever the hell you said, after i have dinner with my parents."

"wait... you're having dinner with your parents?  why?  didn't you say they cut you off?"  jake asked.

"apparently, they want to have dinner.  with me.  and my sister and her husband.  and her two kids.  and they want me to bring my girlfriend, despite not having one."

"take amy... ohhhhhh... wait a sec.  don't they know you're gay?"

"yeah but they choose to ignore it, in hopes it's 'just a phase."

"so... do you want me to go with you? great idea, what time?"

"um... the email said six o'clock  sunday.  you can come but don't be weird."

"me, weird?  when am i weird?"

"right now."  oliver gathered his things as he passed the paperwork back to jake, who groaned.

"oh, crap, this is horrible,"  amy suddenly added, turning all attention to her as she pointed to her coffee.

"'oh crap, this is horrible', name of your sex tape,"  jake shouted quickly.  "but for real, want me to swing by later with die hard?"  he asked, turning back to oliver, all packed up.

"sure, but if you are, bring doughnuts. but the good ones.  and the powdered jelly ones, not the crappy chocolate ones.  also pizza.  you know my order."

"so, i'll bring dinner?"  jake asked, walking back towards his desk.

"yes.  thanks, you're the best, byeeeeeeeeee,"  oliver stretched out in a jake like fashion.

***

the cool night breeze was the first thing to greet oliver as he stepped outside.  he had to rush home first if he wanted to get in an episode of stranger things before jake arrived.  it's four o'clock now, jake finishes at six and it'll take him about half an hour to get the pizza i like and the doughnuts, so if i hurry, maybe i get two episodes in. 

oliver walked quickly, his apartment not far from the precinct.  he'd have to move stuff around in his bedroom slightly, if jake wanted to stay, which he usually did on days like this.

it was a small apartment, with one bed, and it had since become smaller ever since he and jake started dating, with jake spending lots of time there.  "it's nicer then my apartment."

it wasn't much.  the bedroom had a queen bed instead of a king with a mismatched bedspread and duvet.  there's a chair with a chair with a pile of clothes stacked on it.   it has large windows and the walls are lined with bookshelves.  the living room has a flat screen tv and an old wii console.  there's a basket of things jake has forgotten behind and keeps forgetting to take home sitting on the window seat, next to the pillows.  art and photos line the walls, from his twenties until now, none from his childhood or his direct family.  there is always ice cream in the freezer.

jake has taken to adding his own 'peralta touches' by putting froot loops in the cupboards for when he sleeps over and bringing his own 'art' to replace the ones already hanging.  he's made oliver's apartment his home, despite the two of them only being together for a few months.

now, the pillowcases smell like jake's shampoo until they're washed.

***

"okay, so i was thinking... we should get a cat,"  jake announced as he marched into oliver's apartment with pizza and doughnuts.  "and we could name it... taylor swift,"  he finished, placing the boxes on the kitchen counter.

"two questions peralta.  first, where the hell would we keep it?  we don't live together and i'm pretty sure there's a disease growing in your apartment.  two, why taylor swift?"

"we could keep it at the precinct or we could keep it here in your apartment.  and then, i'll just come here all the time and see them."

"it might be easier to just move in, then,"  oliver interrupted, smiling.

"and, taylor swift, because taylor swift is a queen and if you disagree, this cannot continue,"  jake concluded in a joking manner.

"oh, no, don't worry, i'm not disagreeing.  she is a queen."

"oh, thank god.  i did not want to have to break up with you."  with a smile, jake heads off to the couch with pizza in hand.

it's moments like this when oliver is unsure about everything.