#KindnessIsNotWeakness

The room is padded and colored white. The only thing there is a metal chair visibly nailed down with a woman sitting on it. She is just barely covered in a dirtied, bloodied cloth made to help dehumanize her. Her face is downwards, showing only her lips which are shaped in a cold and cruel grin.
"Have you changed your mind, yet," She does not move. "Or do we still have to break you?"

"Many find that in order to be strong, you must fight back. You must push and hit and drive back every shove and punch." Her voice is hoarse and barely above a whisper. "That you have to fight hate with hate. That everything comes with a price- and they're right." Her body visibly relaxes and she looks small. "But at the same time, they are wrong. That's not strength. Strength is to still be fair even when it's not to your favor. Strength is to be kind even when it's not "wise" as some would say. When you refuse to let those who hurt you change you." She coughs and hacks, but she still doesn't look up. "It's when you give without any thought of a return or a smile as you walk by. True kindness will not fade nor break."

"What did that have to do with anything?" They asked, annoyance clear. She looks up, her reddened, teary eyes staring directly where she knew they were.

"My name is Kindness and I. Will. Not. Break."