25|| You'll figure it out

Start from the beginning

"At this time?" I knitted my brows, glancing the hour in my phone, almost quarted to one a.m. "What if he's out."

"He's in. He's always when we fight."

I bit my lip, considering it but not seing another plausible solution I took Norah's phone from the dashboard as her lids fluttered shut and she hummed some popular song. "Here." I handed it to her, nudging her arm but she pouted. "Call him."

"Come on Alyson I'm wasted." she whined pushing my hand away. "We had a fight before. He was being a prick. Can you call him?"

"W-what? No! Why me?"

"He likes you..." my stomach churned but she scrunched her nose, correcting herself: "Well, he doesn't dislike you as much as everyone else."

"Norah..." but she was already dozing off. Shit shit shit. How would Connor react to me waking him up at this hours? I know I wouldn't take that well. Damn it, Norah! Couldn't she had pick the right set of keys?

Swallowing I typed the Nors' code and when to her contacts. I supposed 'ConnyBro' was Connor. At least I hoped so, otherwise it would be ten times more awkward. I bit nervously my lip as I waited for him to answer. Please, please...

After several beeps his sharp voice cut in. "What?" clearly not happy we've woken him up, and just like that all my small confidence fled out the window.

"Uh, h-hi. It's Alyson." tense silence. "Mhm, I'm r-really sorry but we're outside your house and Norah's forgotten her keys-"

"Come here, you idiot!" she shouted making my heart skipped a beat and I shushed her pushing her back against the seat again.

"Oh, God. I'm so sorry. She's a bit drunk and I-I was wondering if maybe you could-" he hang up. Just great. So much for not disliking me. I bet he did now. I groaned, turning to the pink haired girl. "See what you've done? Now what?" but her gaze was unfocused, giggling.

My hands brushed through my hair frustratedly.

What to do? What to do?

"Okay." I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out towards her side to help her out as well. We'll have to ring the doorbell and hope her parents didn't have a deep sleep. "I'm so sorry, Nors, but you left me no choice." Not like she could understand me, slurring half sleep as I helped her out the seat, one of her arms over my shoulders. Norah was barelly several inches taller than me, but right now they showed off. "Shit."

"Aren't you a strong one?" she mocked with another tipsy giggle and I blushed, pushing the door close.

"Shut up." she didn't. "Why did you guys even fight about?"

"He was being an inconsiderate prick. Like always." she sighed. "But I guess I was a bitch too."

"Are yo still mad."

"Not really." she shook her head before whining at the movement and resting it on my shoulder, adding more weight to me. Perfect. "I guess we just were too stress with our parents, you know? I can't never stay mad at him for long."

My chest warmed. "I'm sure he's the same with you." I reassured her as we reached the front door.

Okay, now the tricky part.  Balancing to hold her up with one arm I reached the other towards the bell.

The gate opened before I could, startling me to near a heart attack and my wide eyes focused on Connors figure standing there, in sweatpants and a baggy shirt, hair messier than ever. His eyes glimmered with something as they set in his plastered sister and cursed under his breath, but other than that his expression didn't change in the slightless as he took her from me.