Chapter 20

DECEMBER
The two students sat in the library, sitting fairly close to each other. The girl pointed at the book, the boy beside her leaning in closer to see what she was directing his attention to. She pushed a strand of her chestnut, brown hair behind her ear with a smile. The blue-eyed boy next to her busily began writing on a piece of paper with his quill.

"Alright," Hermione grinned, "Let me see it." Draco handed her his piece of paper. She squinted her eyes, scanning it. Draco looked at Hermione as she read the essay he had just finished, waiting for her feedback. He couldn't help but notice the cute way she crinkled her nose and slightly tilted her head as she read. She turned the paper swiftly, almost too fast for Draco to even notice. He was admiring her too much to really notice anything else at all. Her hair fell behind her back as she pushed it in that direction. Draco felt a fluttery feeling as she did that.

"Brilliant, Draco," Hermione smiled, handing the paper back over to him. He got that feeling again when she said his name. Hermione smiled at him. He took a deep breath before stuffing the paper in one of the pages of the book.

"Thanks," Draco replied.

"You know, it's more efficient if you put your papers in a folder," Hermione responded. Draco shrugged.

"I suppose," said Draco. Hermione offered him a half smile before hearing her name from across the library. Cristi and Ginny were standing there waving. Hermione excused herself and walked over to the two of them quickly.

"I'm tutoring, guys," She said, "Is something wrong?"

"We just wanted to let you know we're having a Christmas party in the Room of Requirements next week," Cristi smiled. Hermione sighed. After the "Attack of the Dementors", Professor Mcgonagall called the Ministry and they got rid of all the Dementors. Since then, everything has been going well and there hasn't been any attacks since. Matter of fact, Christmas was coming in a little over a week.

"Alright," Hermione agreed.

"It's 5th, 6th, and 7th years only though," Ginny grinned.

"Who planned it?" Hermione asked.

"Harry, Ron, Ginny and I," Cristi smirked.

"So you're coming?" Ginny questioned grinning.

"I suppose so," Hermione replied.

"Promise?" said Cristi, holding out her pinky. Hermione took it with hers and repeated, "Promise."

"Good! Just wanted to make sure you promised before telling you the last bit of information," Cristi replied.

"Wait what!?" Hermione yelled in a whisper. Her eyes widened at the two girls.

"You need to find a date to come!" Ginny squealed.

"Quiet!" Madam Pince shouted. Ginny blushed.

"I don't think I can do that," Hermione responded.

"Too late, you promised," Cristi squirmed her pinky in the air. Hermione groaned. Why did I do that?

"See you later," Ginny grinned, walking out of the library with Cristi. Hermione closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. She paced back over to Draco who had began reading one of his books. Hermione took a seat and pulled out her homework from her stack of books. She began to write when Draco interrupted her.

"So what did they need?" He asked. Hermione gazed up at him. She softened when she saw his baby blue eyes gleaming at her. Over the past few months, the two of them have become very close friends. They talk whenever they get the chance to, which is mostly during tutoring. Hermione adored his eyes, she thought they were wonderful. Draco had told her that his sister had the same eyes. That was the only trait she carried of his mother, so it was special to him. And in a way, it was special to Hermione too.