Chapter 9

Drizzling rain came falling down ironically, and she no longer had to hide her tears because they blended in with the rain. She closed her eyes abruptly, as the rain got thicker and faster, pelting on her face. Hermione pushed her hand against the ground, lifting half of her body up. She placed her other hand down, bringing her knees to her chest and peeling herself off the ground. She sauntered into the castle, pushing her thick, wet hair out of her face. When she got in, she heard the voice of an arrogant boy calling her name.

Hermione spun around, peering at the blonde, selfish prick as he ran down the corridor. Before he could say anything, she pushed him against the wall, her arm pressed upon his upper chest and her other hand pushed on his stomach forcefully. He laughed at her, but didn't resist as she pressed him down with gritted teeth. His blue eyes glared back into her brown orbs. She didn't show him that it made her uncomfortable. She couldn't let him know that it bothered her, or else he'd just keep doing it.

"What's your problem?" said Hermione, anger blazing through her eyes. She was no longer crying, and could feel herself getting angrier the longer the two stood there. She pressed down on him harder and he grunted.

"What's my problem? Says the one who's pushing me against the wall." said Malfoy, but he still didn't resist or try to break free. Hermione tried not to strangle him, she needed answers. She needed to know why he's been acting this way, and what made him change so quickly, and why he refused to call her a 'mud-blood'.

"You aren't resisting." snarled Hermione. He smirked at her.

"What fun is that?" said Malfoy. Although she had him pressed up on the wall, she didn't bother to grab his hands. She noticed as he snaked his hands upwards and towards her waist sneakily. Her arms jerked up, grabbing his wrists, and pressing them against the wall. She brought her knee up to his stomach to assure him down completely. His grin faltered when he realized he no longer could move, and she smiled at him proudly.

"What's wrong with you?" she spat, glaring at him, her eyes never leaving his sight.

"You're going to have to be more clear than that, Granger." he replied, looking away from her. His head leaned against the wall, facing sideways, not daring to meet her eyes. She felt brave.

"Why were you being so shy a few days ago, but now you're rude and ignorant?" said Hermione.

"Ignorant? Ouch. That hurts." said Malfoy jokingly. He turned his head to her, gazing into her eyes and she lost all confidence. He looked intimidating, and slightly angry.

"Answer my question." she demanded, pressing down on him harder. He winced, and she was surprised she hurt him. She didn't think she was that strong, let alone strong enough to hurt Malfoy. She threw the thought out of her mind. No distractions. I need to focus. She thought.

"You're not as smart as I thought you were." he mumbled. It took all the power in her not to slap him right there and then, and she squeezed onto his wrists sharply, not letting go.

"Excuse me? I'm smarter than you." said Hermione.

"Really? Weren't you the one who kept messing up on that potion the other day?" said Malfoy, and she squinted her eyes at him coldly, waiting for him to continue, but that was all he could come up with. She chuckled.

"I was confused, okay? That's one thing you did better than me on. I'm smarter than you'll ever be." she growled, daring him to say anything more. His hair fell on his forehead, and he had to blow it off his face since he couldn't use his hands.

"I heard about your little break down with the Dementor, Granger. It's been going around the school like wildfire. Wouldn't be startled if you became more famous than Potter." he responded, staring into her eyes coolly. That's when she couldn't take it any longer. Her hand left his wrist, and the back of her hand flew across his cheek. His head jerked sideways as he groaned. She quickly placed her hand back on his wrist, pushing down more firmly than before.