ROUTE 1

What dreams do you have? Are they pleasant dreams or perhaps something more morbid? Is it worth killing someone close to you?

Saki Sanobashi awoke with a jolt like electricity had run down her back. Instantly, she felt a wave of nausea and grogginess wash over her. She scanned her surroundings frantically, a decrepit looking bathroom and two other girls her age were all that she saw. The sink and floor tiles were covered in a deathly brown grim and the stalls looked no better. A girl with pale blond hair stared at Saki with widening eyes.

" Thank God you're awake! Are you ok? Do you remember how you got here?" The blonde girl's hands clenched tightly to Saki's arms to the point of bruising her skin. She pushed her off and backed herself into a corner.

" I- I don't know anything. I can't remember a single thing besides my name. It's saki Sanobashi by the way.

" Oh! I'm sorry if I came across as aggressive. I was just so happy that there's someone else I can confide in. My name is Reiko and the girl behind me is Lisa. She doesn't talk very much." Saki's eyes drifted to the back of the room and saw a rather tall and boyish-looking girl. Lisa had short cropped black hair broad shoulders. She only provided a scoff in response. Reiko went back to talking.

" We have no idea how long we've been here. We all suddenly awoke in the basement one day with no way to tell the time. It feels like hours even though it could be days."

Saki quickly searched the room once more and pressed against the wall. " There has to be an exit somewhere. Maybe a trap door or a hidden compartment," She quickly walked around the room to search for an escape route. There just had to be some way out of here, right?

" Quit wasting your time. We already tried everything and got nowhere. This room is completely  closed off from the outside world and I doubt anyone could hear us even if we screamed. My guess is that this is some type of underground bunker that can only be opened from the top. Whoever did this has one hell of a sick mind" Lisa looked at Saki, her bitter face unchanging. The realization of their situation struck Saki like a bomb.

" You don't know that for sure! There's no such thing as a perfectly locked room. There surely must be a way out somewhere! If not by our own power, I'm sure God can rescue us. He always helps those in their darkest hour," Reiko tried her best to lift their spirits but came across as a naive girl clinging onto hope. Lisa charged at her and grabbed the girl by the collar.

" Get real! This isn't some fantasy; this is real life! Your God won't descend down here and save us no matter how hard we pray. We'll be left here to die while everyone happily goes on with their lives. Noone will mourn us. No one will remember us. This is our hell." A wicked grin spread on Lisa's face, making Reiko cower in fear. Hot tears raced down her face and she felt her legs go weak. "NO!!" she screamed and she fell to the floor clutching her head. Unintelligible sobs were all that came from her mouth.

" What the hell is wrong with you?!" in her rage, Saki smacked Lisa across the face and consoled the sobbing girl on the floor. " What we need the most right now is hope and all you're doing is making our situation even worse! Reiko was just trying to help us. Don't take out your issues on her."

" Tch" Lisa sucked her teeth and tapped her feet on the cold marble floor. " I never asked for help. This is our reality so there's no need to sugarcoat anything. This basement with no food or water is where we will die. There won't be anyone who rescues us..... especially with this damned heritage I carry"

Saki didn't know what to say. Lisa's words were cruel, but she too would probably feel similarly if she stayed there long enough. Her main priority was tending to Reiko. She wiped away Reiko's tears and hugged her tightly. " It's going to be okay. We need to hold out and hope for the best. Stay strong," Her soothing words were like a mother talking to a child. A faint smile formed on Reiko's face as she stood up. " Thank you for that. We all need to stay strong in this trial form God".