Chapter 4

Arthur was awoken to a world of pain by even more pain, since he was electrocuted awake. He screamed in pain and gasped for air, he blinked for a few moments since the room he was now in was too bright and large. He looked ahead and saw someone who immediately filled rage in him, his 'little brother' King Orm. Suddenly Arthur heard Althea yell in pain next to him and looked to see one of the guards shocking her too.

"Althea!" She groaned and balled up her fists, she looked at him and gave him a tired smile. She had bruises on her face and now had gotten electrocuted. Arthur growls at this and turns his attention back to Orm who had began to approach them "All these years, I've been ashamed of my mother for conspiring with a surface dweller. Ashamed of the fact that I had a half breed brother whose heart I wanted to run my trident through, but now that you're right in front of me I must admit.."

Arthur yells in anger and swims towards Orm, surprising the guards holding him back who managed to regain their hold just as Arthur stopped a few inches from Orm, who didn't even flinch. "I am conflicted." "You want conflict little brother? Then why don't you get these chains off." Arthur growls.

"I don't believe that would be the best thing to do in front of your daughter." Orm looked towards Althea who shuddered in fear, "But yes, I see you brought our mother's weapon." He stares at Arthur for a few more moments before making his decision "I think it would be best for you to know your place." "Your majesty!" Vulko yells "Orm please.." Mera says. The tone in her voice scared Althea.

"It's decided." Orm announces "If I defeat the first born son of Atlanta in a formal challenge in front of everyone, then all seven kingdoms will have to see that I am the one true king." Althea growls in anger and struggles against her chains "But you aren't the true king! My father is! Not just because he's a first born, but because he's better then you'll ever be!" She shouts.

Her eyes glow blue a bit and the water shakes around her, Mera sees this and starts to question about her powers. Orm laughs "We'll see about that."  "Your majesty!" Mera stands up to take his attention away from the girl "There is no victory in defeating the ignorant." She explains. Althea gives her a look that says 'who's side are you on?'

"Your majesty, he doesn't know our ways!" "But he will." Orm swims up closer to Arthur "Are you challenging me?" "Hell yes I challenge you, and when I win-" "If you win, the war is over. But if I win..you're over." Althea felt her stomach sink from that, 'Dad please, please don't do it.' She thinks to herself.

"Let's do it." Arthur says 'Damn it dad!' "Alright, the challenge has been made. And I accept." Orm moves away from Arthur "Prepare him for the ring of fire."

Arthur and Althea stare at him "The ring of what?"