Chapter 5

“Hey mom” I said as I entered my house.

The house was huge, but what else is expected from a famous surgeon, and a great lawyer.

It’s a two story house. The outside has a huge lawn with a stone path in the middle, leading towards our house. We have a three car garage, and very expensive cars inside. The backyard was identical to the front yard, there is a pathway leading to a huge space with tables and other things like that. The grass was completely green and well kept, and there is a flower garden outlining my whole back yard.

The house is a different story, everything, and I mean every single thing, was in black and white. We had gotten an interior decorator to decorate our house, but when the interior decorator had asked us what colors we had wanted the house to be, my mother and father replied ‘plain’. Therefore the whole entire house is plain, black and white.

The only rooms that have color are mine.

I have my closet and room which I personally asked the interior decorator to paint. Then I have my hanging out room.

M mom was sitting on the living room couch, her expensive suit on as she looked through a file of papers.

“How was your day Katherine?” she asked me as she continued to look at the papers.

The word ‘perfect’ was the only way to describe my mother. The ‘Business’ described my father.

“Great” I said before walking away from her and the dull looking living room.

I walked directly to my room, the only room with color and I loved it.

The walls were painted a beautiful baby pink color; I had a four poster bed placed in the center left wall of my room. I had a huge vanity with all of my makeup and personal items. There was a desk on the far right corner of my room. Random cute things were placed on my wall, and pictures of me and my friends.

My closet was painted a beautiful burgundy color and was stocked with the latest fashion trends and every type of shoe, clothing, or accessory I could ask for.

I didn’t ask for them, but that’s what happens when your mother wants you to be the perfect image.

I made my way into my personal bathroom that was connected to the end of my closet, taking my sweet time I turned on my shower, striped myself of my clothes and took a long awaited shower.

My life at home is usually uneventful, but I like that.

My mom expects me to be the perfect daughter and I don't fight it anymore. I never want either of my parents to look at me with disappointment.

My mom once gave me a disappointed look, once when I was younger and has asked her if I could go to an amusement park with my friends.

She had first given me a look of pure horror; she then gave me an hour long lecture on the way women are supposed to act. And a woman does not look good on a roller-coaster yelling for her life.

She must be fine and proper, and must behave like a proper lady, not like a man.

I never dared defy my mother after that, she’s been happy with me ever since.

Or as happy as she can be when she remembers that she even has a daughter.

“Have you finished?” Alex asked me.

I groaned. “I have two more days” I think. I said as I walked past them and towards the front of the school where my friends and I all spend our time before school.