Kimi rolled his eyes and scoffed. “And what had you and he been doing when I had walked into the library?”

“Passionate kisses?” he replied, his cheeks red.

Kimi shook his head with a dramatic eye roll. He gazed at the horizon and smiled lightly at the blue sky that was being freed by the grey clouds. Maybe there’s another calm after the storm, he thought. And maybe this one will be much calmer and everlasting.

A few, more silent minutes passed as they watched the courtyard that was being preened by the house servants. For a while, they replenished themselves with the balsamic silence. When Silver slowly moved to placed his head on Kimi’s shoulder, he held his breath as Kimi stiffened. A sweet smile crept onto his face when Kimi placed his head on his when he tried to take his head off his shoulder.

Silver frowned at the scent that was lingering on him and sniffed deeply. “Why do you smell like Ill’s laundry detergent?” he asked with a small frown. He sat away from him and looked at Kimi from head to toe. As he spotted the pyjama top that was peaking past the edge of his hoodie, he whispered, “oh my, that’s right you have no cloths. I can borrow you some of my cloths.”

“That won’t be necessary. I’ll be going back to the parked taxi and savour what is left from last night’s thunderstorm,” he sighed. He moved his neck from side to side, stretching it. “But I still need to go back home. My mum”—he winced at the word that he said—“had forgotten more than half of my cloths at our house.”

“Taxi? Were you guys planning to leave?” Silver asked with a pained expression.

Kimi shrugged lightly and Silver unhanded him. Kimi looked at his fingers as he flexed them, the warmth from another person’s skin seriously unfamiliar. 

Silver slowly stood up and stretched his arms above his head. “If you’re leaving the house you should take permission from either Aurum or Illiad’s father. Someone should always know before you step out of the house.”

Kimi frowned and hastily mumbled, “I guess it’s Aurum then.”

Silver quirked a brow and whispered, “are you seriously taking my advice?”

“Yes. A hundred percent,” he grumbled, his cheeks heating up in betrayal.

Silver nodded, smiling wildly as he thought, maybe it’s not all death and pain. Maybe life and confidence.

*

Aurum opened the doors to his bedroom and let his bandmates and Caim walk in. He held onto one of the double doors, rolling his eyes as he watched Ren go straight to his bed and flop onto it.

He shook his head with an amused smile. “Ren take off your boots so you wouldn’t—” He shut up as Ren flung his boots at his face and shuffled further into the bed and sprawled on it.

Couko guffawed energetically, her loopy earrings making clinging noises. “Oh my. Aurum how have you lived with him for so long?” she asked after catching her breath, watching as he crouched and picked up the pair of black combat boots.

Aurum sighed and placed the shoes beside the doors. “I don’t know what his problem is. I’ve asked him several times if I’ve ever done anything wrong and I’ve always apologized.” He sighed and closed the double doors.