Chapter 1- Continued

Serena walked while looking solely on her shoes only. There was an uneasy feeling setting into her stomach. As she walked, Fenniken ran beside its trainer, glancing up to make sure the trainer was alright. Serena felt anything but alright. Serena narrowed her eyes, trying to hold back tears that were bound to happen.

"SERENA!!"

At the sound of her name, Serena glanced up. It was Bonnie.

"Serena! Lunch is ready and ya better hurry, because Ash is gonna eat it all!" Bonnie was in a full swing of energy, and when she reached Serena, Bonnie clasped Serena and her own small hands together. Her eyes glistening up at Serena. "Maybe after, you and I can practice your performer moves, Serena!!" Bonnie smiled brightly, all teeth showing.

Serena bit her lip. What she really wanted to do was sit in the tent after lunch, thinking about what to say to Ash. She blushed as she thought of Ash. "Well... Yeah, Okay, Bonnie!" Serena smiled at Bonnie. Knowing Bonnie, the young blonde girl would not give up on a situation so easily, so it was best for Serena to agree with her.

Bonnie smiled some more, if that was even possible. "Alright!!" Bonnie grabbed Serena's hand. "C'mon, Dedenne and the rest are waiting!!"

When Bonnie and Serena reached the table that was set for lunch, Clemont and Ash were already there, food set and ready.

"Serena, C'mon and sit down and eat with us!" Ash smiled at Serena as she reached the table.

Serena blushed slightly, smiling at Ash and took her usual place next to Ash. Serena could feel the warmth of Ash, being so close to him. She quickly snuck a glance at him. Ash was being his usual, goofy self at lunch. Serena loved every part of him, though, but somehow... seeing him up this close, watching him in a moment as simple as this... warmed a spot in Serena's heart. She smiled and closed her eyes as she took a spoon and sipped on the soup Clement had made for the gang. Delicious as it always was.

"That was amazing, Clemont!! Can I have a second bowl?" Ash's spoon clanked against an empty bowl of what used to be... a big helping of soup for two people.

Clemont laughed, and Serena opened her eyes when she heard Clemont's laugh. "Sure, you can, Ash! You can have as many as you want!" Clemont picked up Ash's bowl to have it filled to the brim again.

"Ash, you shouldn't eat so fast!" Serena chided Ash.

"Yeah, Ash! Save some for me!" Bonnie pounted out her bottom lip and crossed her arms.

"Heh. sorry guys! But I've gotta go train with Froakie and the others for the gym battle!"  Ash smiled sheepishly at the group, scratching his head lightly. "Gotta get our strength up for battle!"

Serena watched Ash with a small grin on her face, but then Ash glanced over at Serena and locked eyes with her for second. Serena blushed and turned away, not being able to hold Ash's gaze. Her stomach flipped when they locked eyes, and it made her light up inside when they both looked at each other.

"No need to worry, Ash. Go get your strength up!" Serena smiled weakily at him, using the phrase he used for her from time to time. At the pit of her stomach, Serena almost hoped Ash wouldn't just nod at her and smile. But he did.

"I'll never give up still the end, my Pokemon and I will get stronger. Together!" Ash smiled the goofy smile and winked at Serena, giving her a thumbs up, as well.

"Yeah. Yeah! Never give up until the end, Ash!" Serena smiled at him.

Ash had used their phrase. From Professor Oak's summer camp.

-----

Alright guys! Here is part 2 of chapter 1! A little bit longer... but hope you all enjoy! I'll add more throughout the week! :)