If the Heart Speaks!

Serena opened her eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the sunlight filtering into her tent, and a content smile spread across her face. Turning over, Serena looked at Fenniken sleeping. The fire pokemon slept in a curled ball, breathing in, out, in out slowly, but at a steady pace.

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, Serena slowly climbed out of her sleeping bag, being careful not to wake her sleeping Pokemon up. When she reached the entrance of the tent, Serena cautiously zipped open the tent's zipper, causing the growing sunrise's rays to spill into the tent.

"Fen- Fenniken?" Serena heard Fenniken say.

Turning around on the balls of her feet, Serena smiled lightly at fenniken. "Good morning, Fenniken," Fenniken sat up on the sleeping bag and yawned at its trainer.

"Fenniken, fen?"

"I'm sorry, Fenniken," Serena replied with an apologetic smile to Fenniken. "I didn't mean to wake you," Serena glanced away and peaked outside of the tent.

"Fenniken, Fenniken, Fen!" Fenniken yapped back at her honey colored hair trainer.

"I'm going out for fresh air, Fenniken,"

"Fen!"

"I won't be long!" Serena patted the fire Pokemon's head. "Get some sleep, Fenniken." Serena called Fenniken back into her Pokéball, just for a short period of time.

Serena turned back around and climbed out through the entrance of the tent, still in her sleeping clothes from the night before. Crouching down on her feet in front of the tent, Serena breathed the fresh morning air. Hair slightly unbrushed, Serena patted the curves of her bed hair, to tame the honey colored hair. She blushed slightly at the thought of Ash being there to brush her hair out of her face, smiling his famous toothy grin at her as he did so.

'C'mon on, Serena, what are you thinking about so early in the morning?!?' Serena thought to herself, puffing her cheeks out and shaking her head.

Serena stood up from where she was crouching down in front of her tent and glanced over to Ash and Clemont's tent, set up a couple of feet away from where Serena had set up her's and Bonnie's, well before Bonnie fell asleep in the boy's tent. The sun was still rising, however, Serena slipped back into her tent and grabbed her Pokédex from her backpack, and with ease and grace, slipped back out of her tent without making a sound, careful not to wake the others. Moreover Ash, in particular. Serena didn't want Ash to see her when all she could think about was him. The thought of Ash pushing his messy raven-black hair out of his eyes, the way he smiled and how he always is there beside her, so close, almost touching hands, as the traveled throughout Kalos.

Serena sighed and glanced at her Pokédex and then let the Pokédex open up. The time was 6:23 am, as the Pokédex had a small clock entered into Dexter at the top. Serena glanced back up at the sky that was being painted by the morning sun, it was breathtaking. Taking quiet steps, Serena walked to a secluded area from where the tents had been set up the night before.

'I wish Ash could see this,' Serena thought the herself, blushing slightly and letting out an annoyed sigh as she place her hands down on the green grass, dewy only a bit. 'Bonnie should see this sunrise, too...' Serena sat down on the morning dew grass and watched as the sunrise grew throughout the sky. A smile on Serena's lips, Serena plopped her back on the grass and let out a content sigh.

"Ash...." Serena said out loud to herself. "How can I tell you..." She mused quietly.

"Serena!"

Serena gasped and bolted up from where she was laying down, hoping no one heard her thoughts out loud. It was Clemont, still in his sleeping clothes and glasses slightly crooked on the bridge of his nose. Serena smiled at Clemont.

"Clemont, hi... I-uh- good morning!"

Clemont smiled at her. "Good morning, Serena. How did you sleep?" Serena looked at Clemont for a second, then looked away and smiled up at the sky.

"I slept okay... I came out to watch the sunset." Serena didn't mention that she had been crying before she fell asleep last night. "Is Bonnie still asleep?"

"Yeah," Clemont smiled apologetically at Serena. "She's still asleep, but so is Ash."

Serena felt her heart skip a beat at his name, praying Clemont really didn't hear her thoughts. She sat up straighter and grinned at Clemont cheerfully.

"I'll help with breakfast," Serena told Clemont and stood up, fast, and walked a few steps to Clemont.

"No, it's fine. You go and relax." Clemont placed a hand on Serena's shoulders. "I'll take care of this. Are you alright? You seem off right now,"

Serena gulped and blushed. "I'm okay, no need to worry!" Serena smiled and waved off Clemont. Walking back to her tent, Serena nervously clamped her hands together.

'No need to worry. Why did I do that again?!?' Serena chided herself and let out an exasperated sigh. Telling Ash how she feels today, WAS her plan.

Serena sat down by her tent and look at Ash's tent.

'Some things are better left unsaid... But never give up until the end...' Serena felt her heart sink, but shook the thoughts from her head and started to stand up and walk towards Ash's tent, before seeing Ash come out of his tent.

----
I'm so sorry for the delay on my chapter. I know it's short, but I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment with chemistry and projects right now... But I'll be do updates more often after next week. 🌸