Two Stars Diverge!

Serena gulped and reached up to her head to smooth down any unruly hair that may be sticking out. Serena could hear the beats of her heart, each beat getting faster every second, with the palms of her hands turning slightly red and sweaty. Her eyes were focused on the top of her shoes.

"Serena," Ash's voice came out quiet and small.

Serena glanced up and saw Ash standing at the left side of his and Clemont's tent, his right foot pointing towards Serena, and the other taping the ground. Serena felt her cheeks start to turn warm. Now was her chance.

"Ash... I-I.... Uh," Serena started out weakly. Ash stared at Serena with, which must be mistaken, a look of affection and patience. Which made Serena lose her words and a million thoughts raced through her mind.

Serena's hands were fidgeting and she placed them together, below her waist and rubbed her hands together in nervousness. "I need to-to tell you something... You see... it's n-not easy." Serena squeaked out.

"Sure, Serena, what is it?" Ash looked over Serena's shoulders and then looked back at Serena and smiled warmly at her.

Serena started to back out of asking Ash, backtracking any gain that she had gotten. She couldn't do it and she knew it.

"Ash... I-I..." Serena started to step backwards, but faltered and landed on the ground behind her, she gasped in surprise and felt her breath go out for a minute. Serena puffed her cheeks in embarrassment, red marks spreading throughout her cheeks. Refusing to make eye contact with Ash, embarrassed.

Ash's eyes widened and crouched down to Serena's side. "Serena, are you alright?" Ash put one of his hands on her shoulder and one gently placed on the small of Serena's back.

"Uh- yeah. I'm fine. No worries." Serena smiled weakly at Ash. She could feel Ash looking closely at her, not saying anything for a few moments. However, Serena was looking in the other direction, at the ground.

Ash's hand was warm against Serena's back and Serena had felt Ash's hesitation before he placed his hand on her back. Serena felt her cheeks flare up once again. The awkwardness was growing between the two, as they were still in the position of Serena on the ground and Ash's hand on Serena's back and shoulder, neither of them wanting to move from where they were.

"Ya sure?" Ash finally asked Serena.

Serena turned to look up at Ash and they immediately locked eyes, Serena wasn't the one to break eye contact this time, however, Ash was. Ash shot a look behind his shoulder; his nervousness could clearly be seen.

At that moment, Bonnie bounced out of Clemont and Ash's tent, still in her sleeping clothes. Bonnie was at a full throttle of joy, even still so early in the day. Bonnie didn't notice Ash and Serena, who were only a few feet away from the boys' tent.

Nearly tripping over the two, Bonnie smiled a toothy grin, and clasped her hands together in excitement. "Serena!! Do you smell that?" Bonnie started bouncing on the balls of her feet. Completely unaware of what was going on.

Serena jumped, nervous and embarrassed for what Bonnie might think is something more than what it actually was, with Ash making sure Serena was alright from her tumble.

"Bonnie! I... I, uh, what do you mean?" Serena asked Bonnie.

Ash moved his hands off of Serena's shoulder and arm, reluctant to do so. "Hi, Bonnie," Ash smiled and stood up slowly from the ground.

Bonnie didn't seem to notice anything unusual with what had happened. A good friend helping a good friend, after all.

Bonnie's eyes widened. "You mean you can't smell the pancakes?" Bonnie looked from Ash and back at Serena with a pouted expression.