70

Jose Maria Ignacio Gomez de Liaño

It's 10 o'clock in the evening and I was driving so fast. How could she do this? Aalis na lang siya ng ganon na lang? We haven't talked yet!

My phone rang.

Kuya Juan Calling...

"Hello?"

"Where are you? Galit si papa! Why did you leave? Dala mo pa yung kotse." He was shouting in a subtle way.

"Does mama know?" I said.

"I'm not crazy. I told her you were going to Colin's. So tell me where the heck you're going!"

"Alli's leaving!" I shouted.

"What?! What do you mean she's leaving?" He asked.

"Ate Gabs told me! This is so unfair! We need to talk but she's not answering her phone!" I was so frustrated. Why was she leaving all of a sudden?

"I'll try calling her. Drive safely!" Paalala niya.

"I will, thank you."

I ended the call. Why was our house too far from NAIA?!

When I got to the airport, I was mentally praying na hindi pa siya nakakaboard. One hour ago na yung ig story niya. It took me an hour and a half to get here. Shit.

I tried calling her phone but the line was busy. She was probably talking to kuya Juan!

"Ugh, where are you?" I mumbled to myself while I was scanning the airport. Why are there so many people in this hour?

Idiot. It's an airport.

I was so stressed out. I was massaging my forehead when my phone suddenly rang.

Alli 👶🏻 Calling...

I quickly got my phone and answered the call.

"Hello?" She said.

"Where are you?!" I asked, desperate.

"Airport. Why are you shouting?" She asked.

"Because you're leaving without saying goodbye! I thought you said we were fine. I thought you understood. Akala ko tapos na tayo sa chars?" I was so frustrated that some tears started falling.

"Jordi..."

"What?" I asked.

"Turn around?" And so I did.

She was there, standing while looking at me with her phone in her ear.

I ended the call and ran to hug her.

"Uhm..."

"How can you be so unfair? You should've at least told me."

"Jordi—" I cut her off. I was afraid that she'll leave once she starts speaking.

"No, listen. I don't like Yannie. I never have and I never will. You're the only girl I like and love. I'm sorry if I let you feel unimportant." I said while looking at her.