20: Moment of Weakness

Start from the beginning

That doesn't stop Blake from drinking tequila though. Not a lot, so she won't be completely out of it, but enough to make her just a bit stupid and have some fun. She needs it, considering everything with Ethan.

Ethan finds himself on the beach too, drinking a beer, talking to a few guys. His eyes find Blake before he can think to stop himself.

Her hair is clipped back, a smile on her face as she chats, a bit of water on her skin glistening in the sunlight, and her skimpy fucking bikini clinging to her skin just right, like always. Seeing her look so good makes him even more mad. Her skin has a golden glow from the sun, but there's a slight burn along her shoulders and cheeks that makes her skin flushed and rosy, which he always loves.

Blake looks up from her conversation while reaching for a hard lemonade, letting her eyes fall on him. It's obvious he's staring at her, so much so that he doesn't even notice her staring back right away.

Perfectly messed up dark hair, a pair of yellow swim shorts low enough on his hips to showcase his v-line, sun-kissed skin shining in the setting sunlight, and dark eyes on her make familiar chills shoot up her spine. She fucking hates it. How dare he look at her like that while he looks so good, but still be an ass?

The tequila is definitely taking the lead, because her feet started moving toward him.

His eyes widen the slightest bit, thinking he should probably look away and pretend to be busy, but he doesn't. Instead he looks straight into her with a dark gaze as she skips over, looking confident and incredibly attractive.

"Dolan."

"Chérie."

Despite everything, he still calls her that. Calling him Dolan isn't as intimate as chérie is, so she's consistently shocked he still uses the nickname. Blake doesn't know why that is, but it's endearing. The familiarity makes her warm.

"You busy?" She hums, noticing that the guys he was talking to have moved away to get more drinks, giving them space. Ethan raises an eyebrow, speaking with his shoulders instead. "Remember when we got locked in the library?"

"...yeah," Ethan says, swallowing slowly. He remembers that night all too vividly. "What about it?"

Blake smirks at him, letting her arms cross. That immediately draws his attention to her chest, not that she says anything. "Pretty sure you made a promise that night that you never made up for."

"Seriously?" He chokes out, mimicking her crossed arms.

She shrugs nonchalantly, teeth sinking into her lip. "I'm not gonna make you, just figured I'd remind you and see how you feel."

"Well, I don't like to break promises, chérie."

"Hoped you'd say that. Guess you better come with me then, Dolan."

He grins from ear-to-ear as Blake grasps the chain around his neck, dragging him back toward the hotel. They both know that this isn't a good idea, but they want it so badly. They're like magnets, drawn to each other even in their worst moments.

For a split second, Ethan was shocked, mad that she'd even ask--that's the rational part of his brain, but it definitely didn't win. In fact, him being mad only made him want this more. Seeing Blake fall apart because of him was going to be so fucking satisfying, he couldn't pass that opportunity up.

"My rooms closer," he mutters, fumbling for his key. "Can't wait you hear you scream my name again."

"If you're that lucky," she snorts, squeezing through his door and locking it behind them. Ethan pins her back to it, moving in to kiss her, but she turns her head away. "No, I don't want you to fucking kiss me, Dolan. That's not what we're here for."